3DCoat Forums

Fletch's Random Stuff

Roger_K

• Advanced Member

I've been thinking of doing a Cambodian temple scene for a while now and have started doing some quick tests.

This was modeled in max using subd. Then segmented and damaged with 3DC Voxels. The render was done in Mentalray

It took about 3 hours in all.(hopefully more to follow on this one)

head.jpg

• Like 1

• Advanced Member

great work, my only crit would be the actually form of the lines/face needs more distressing like the edges of the blocks, it just looks a little too clean.

Totally, This was rushed out though so small things got ignored.

Beautiful

Excellent!!!

A suggestion, use texture for bumps as well. Or you could paint some more pores, damages, it's a ruin anyway.

Thanks man, yeah it needs a bit more distressing. This test served its purpose though. I wanted to see if 3DC could chop up a mesh into blocks.

I must say the workflow is a bit lumpy. I really don't like the way the transform is activated after split.

• Contributor

Nice, I'm not worried about distressing materials, I remember the wood chipping of your deringer, it was ace :>

Off topic question: are you fletch_r on polycount ? If so, nice to meet some more fellow polycounters here :) We need to spread the word about this fantastic but so overlooked software !

• Advanced Member

Nice, I'm not worried about distressing materials, I remember the wood chipping of your deringer, it was ace :>

Off topic question: are you fletch_r on polycount ? If so, nice to meet some more fellow polycounters here :) We need to spread the word about this fantastic but so overlooked software !

Thanks man.

Yup R_Fletch_r is me too. Roger_K is a joke name from Irish TV.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member

Models are a bit hurried as I had to finish them for a friend on a very tight deadline. 3DC's voxels really showed their worth.

Renderer is Mentalray with some small amount of post in photoshop.

indy_1.jpg