3DCoat Forums

ZBrush License

• Advanced Member

Out of curiosity, what can ZBrush do what 3D-Coat can't?

Dangerous question. :) I own both and use both for different things. For actual sculpting and texturing I prefer zbrush as it feels more controllable for detailing to me but for base meshes initial sculpting and retopology I prefer 3dcoat. (I also prefer 3dcoat for hardsurface sculpting.)

Of course with the newer 64bit version of 3dcoat things may get better with enough ram but for me 4gb in zbrush allows me to subdivide to much higher resolutions than 3d coat does.

So its much and such between them.

I cant live without either of them.

Cheers

Mike R

• Advanced Member

Zbrush has much much better tools for sculpting, though the winner on this is sculptris. IMO of course.

Let's not forget that 3dcoat hasn't anything decent for after retopology sculpting so far. Here comes zb, mb, even blender.

I can't live without 3dc, zb, sculptris. Or better, sculptris, 3dc, zb LOL

@Marcus Daw

Try zbrushcentral forum, I've seen a lot of licenses there. But don't expect really low prices.

A little out of topic:

Trying to capture-reproject hi detailed sculptris mesh on a retopo cage. I'm facing a serious problem with the badly trialgulated (dynamic tessellation) effect. Displacement maps seem to capture these triangles. Of course it's easy to smooth first in zbrush but this means to resculpt all these fine details. So, why sculptris-dynamic tessellation-UC etc? it's a good question I think.

• Advanced Member

A little out of topic:

Trying to capture-reproject hi detailed sculptris mesh on a retopo cage. I'm facing a serious problem with the badly trialgulated (dynamic tessellation) effect. Displacement maps seem to capture these triangles. Of course it's easy to smooth first in zbrush but this means to resculpt all these fine details. So, why sculptris-dynamic tessellation-UC etc? it's a good question I think.

Being a mac user here I have not played with sculptris yet but I would hope they would have that kind of issue in mind.

Cheers

Mike R