3DCoat Forums

head texture

kadu3d

I'm IMPRESSED!!!

I was just testing the software -- but with this copy/paste, clone, magnify/reduce arsenal... I ended up with a hole normal texture in about an hour.

The head was rendered with just a blinn material and a normal map (no color, specl...) and some bad lighting. But you can see that the normal map

made a huge difference...

(modeling Silo/Mudbox, setup Maya)

Thanks Andrew for addressing my request!! -- about having a bum/spec layer as an alpha for painting... -- YOU ARE FAST!!

Now, ONE MORE IMPOARTANT REQUEST: PINCH!! Thats really indispensable. I use it a lot in ZBrush/Mudbox.

I know its going to be difficult since your software has an image based approach, but even a tool such as the Photoshop's liquify would be nice for the wrinkles...

One more thing -- MAN, THE NEW LOGO LOOKS A LOT BETTER!!! ;) (the rainbow in the first logo...what was that? :lol: HA HA HA HA...)

post-507-1203639039_thumb.jpg

post-507-1203639058_thumb.jpg

post-507-1203639093_thumb.jpg

post-507-1203639152_thumb.jpg

post-507-1203639179_thumb.jpg

post-507-1203639212_thumb.jpg

Hei, Andrew -- YES and YES: You can put it in the gallery and 3DBrush was used only for the normal map (skin pores, wrinkles...take a look at the images to see the original head).

I have just tested the software for specularity and I'm REALLY satisfied with the results, the visual feedback is very nice (environment map)-- definitively I'll use it for the Specular map.

As far as for color texturing, I will give it a try (but I tell you from start -- I'm really addicted to BodyPaint); 3DBrush does not have a render capability... Its hard to understand whats really happening with the colors unless you render it! (this may be a REQUEST ;); or have a "render external" option just like silo -- see image-- I haven't used it but it could solve the problem, there are some free renderers out there now, Gelato,Kerkythea, 3DLight...you could study the situation!)

Thanks Mike -- as I said, I was juts playing around with the software. I chopped off a pice of the face and threw it in 3DB. Im going to redo it with the original UV's (see image), render with SSS...

post-507-1203691232_thumb.jpg

post-507-1203691317_thumb.jpg

post-507-1203691537_thumb.jpg

• Advanced Member

kadu3d,

impressive work! I'm also working on a head model, but i haven't used 3D-brush to create the skin normal map detail. I think i'll give it a try now after seeing your results.