3DCoat Forums

Are you This Good?

Chloe99

I am using dropbox for the transfer of bigger files between me and a partner.

Ah, you're going to Shapeways. I really hope you will succeed and tell us how you did because i'm trying the same things.

Did you print colour before? Is it suitable for a fairly good resolution picture like that?

I've done 3d printing before, but not in color yet. I wish. Still trying to get this first textured file right. day 17, *sigh*

I've done similar things before. The workflow essentially should be similar to this:

• Merge Scan to Voxels, Repair it so that it missing parts from the Face a filled in if need be.
  • Export High Poly Quadmesh (you don't need to retopo when the goal is 3D.Printing)
  • import to the Paint workspace with Ptex
  • Bake the original textures from the Scan-Model to the new mesh

● Merge Scan to Voxels, Repair it so that it missing parts from the Face a filled in if need be.

Okay. I did File->Import Mesh for Voxelizing

● Export High Poly Quadmesh (you don't need to retopo when the goal is 3D.Printing)

I RMB on the layer in voxtree and selected AUTOPO with Ptex

● import to the Paint workspace with Ptex

yup,

● Bake the original textures from the Scan-Model to the new mesh

this is where I'm not exactly sure I'm doing it right. I click Textures-> Texture Baking Tool-> then under 'input mesh' I browse for and select the original .obj file I originally merged into the voxel room. Then there's a message 'baking in progress'. But I don't see the texture appearing on the mesh. Should it?