3DCoat Forums

UV Mapping problem

SimonWM

That's odd, how did you mark the seam? Also where did the model come from another app? In that case are you sure the points were all welded / merged in the other app?

I marked the seams selecting the edges in UV in 3D Coat. I modeled in Hexagon. I extruded a circle various times until I did one stud, then copy and pasted the stud several times and layed them all out on top of the harness. I modeled one half and then mirror it and then welded both parts together, I guess that's why both corresponding studs have the same problem. It does the same thing when I tried to UV Map in Hexagon so I thought maybe 3D Coat would have a way to merge the little pieces and fix this.

If it does the same thing in Hex I would really think it's something with the model, you didn't answer about the welding / merging of points, and have you checked that? I don't use Hexagon so I'm not sure how it works. From your image I don't see any seams marked yet the polys are all different colors, which would indicate to me that they are not connected to eachother. Since 3DC doesn't really have any real modeling tools, I don't know of any way to correct it inside 3DC.

If it does the same thing in Hex I would really think it's something with the model, you didn't answer about the welding / merging of points, and have you checked that?

It is one solid stud in Hexagon even though like you said it looks segmented in the UV. The seams in my picture are marked in green lines.