3DCoat Forums

CryENGINE 3 Free SDK

Gilded

"Commercial games produced with the SDK will require a 20% revenue cut to Crytek. We'll have more in-depth information on this subject shortly."

So far this is less than UDK which is 25%, but that amount is after the first $50k (which they don't cut from). Interesting so far, and very promising for potential projects. Not to mention they are much more forgiving with sharing the code.

"This will be a complete version of our engine, including C++ code access, our content exporters, game sample code, script samples, new improved Flowgraph and a whole host of great asset examples, which will allow teams to build complete games from scratch for PC."

• 2 years later...
  • Advanced Member

Thanks for this info. I have been waiting for this release. Very exciting. Now we can start to build worlds made by 3d-coat :)

It is possible to build in 3D Coat however if your looking to export from 3D Coat and import your own models into CryEngine then you won't be able to do this as there is no DCC Tools that are supported for 3D Coat. I have posted about this in the forums here, an exporter would be great so we can directly export from 3D Coat and into CryEngine instead of exporting from 3D Coat and then opening in something like Max or Maya to export for use in the CryEngine. I unfortunately don't have Max or Maya as 3D Coat is the only modelling software I own and Max or Maya or zBrush seem way to expensive for me (plus I don't think the workflow or tools would be as easy to use as 3D Coat). Please if someone can make an exporter I am pretty sure everyone else in my position would be very grateful!