3DCoat Forums

Moving UVs Created in 3D Coat to Lightwave

Rob

With some help from a couple of you here, I was able to create the UVs for my object, which I imported from LW to 3D Coat. I then saved the object, opened it in LW and all looked fine. But, I have a strange situation and I'm hoping someone here has seen it before.

My limitations were 2048x2048 UV Maps when I imported my object from LW. This is because I have the Educational version. Is there a way to scale my UVs or textures, after moving from 3D Coat to Lightwave? I noticed last night that an exported EPS file of 900x900 allowed me to create a JPG of the same size, but it didn't work on my Lightwave object (two eyeballs) until I changed the JPG to 2048x2048.

Any ideas?

Never mind. This is a 4096x4096 texture and I'm fine. Maybe it had something to do with the way I handled the exported EPS file into Photoshop and then back. But, I don't know until something odd happens again.

Thanks for looking. :)

With some help from a couple of you here, I was able to create the UVs for my object, which I imported from LW to 3D Coat. I then saved the object, opened it in LW and all looked fine. But, I have a strange situation and I'm hoping someone here has seen it before.

My limitations were 2048x2048 UV Maps when I imported my object from LW. This is because I have the Educational version. Is there a way to scale my UVs or textures, after moving from 3D Coat to Lightwave? I noticed last night that an exported EPS file of 900x900 allowed me to create a JPG of the same size, but it didn't work on my Lightwave object (two eyeballs) until I changed the JPG to 2048x2048.

Any ideas?

post-6163-0-31911900-1313703470_thumb.jp