3DCoat Forums

Quick Question

Wozzie

Hey guys,

I'm very much just getting started with 3D Coat but there is one thing that is driving me absolutely insane, pivot points.

I'm trying to retopologise this head, I really feel as if I'm fighting to get the angles I want and it's really irritating trying to move around the object and not being able to unless you're making movements so radical...

Long story short I'm looking for some way to centre the pivot so I can get around the model in a normal way and I can't seem to find it. I know F will switch the pivot but frankly that's giving me more problems than solutions so if anyone can let me know how to do this it'd be appreciated.

The thing to keep in mind is the default navigation method uses "rotate around current pick point", and when you rotate the viewport, if you're cursor is over the object it will rotate from that point in space. If it's not over the object, it will use the last position it was at.

The manual has more information on each of the methods.