3DCoat Forums

DLd 3.5.24 but it opens then immediatly closes?

I been usinging 3d coat on a workstation.. as i got upgrade dto a nice i7 quad laptop with nvidia 3000m graphics card.. I downloade dthe newest build of 3dcoat to use it on the laptop.. but it opens and then immediatly closes again!?! this is the same with GL or DirctX.. i downloaded the cuda.. as i have the mobile 3000 nvidia card and installed the directx and open gl drivers..

whjy would this happen>? do i need to download the 3.5.0 version fists then install the 3.5.24 beta on it. or as its a new laptop.. i need something else (older direct x drivers.. the m3000 does open gl 4.0 and dx11.. but wouldnt dx 11 have the dx9 in it..)

3dcoat opens...for litterally 1 sec and then disapears... (before it wouldnt open and asked for dx drivers to be instaleld.. but now it just opens and closes)

• Reputable Contributor

Download the Direct X (9) drivers, install them then re-install 3D Coat and see if that doesn't help. It acts like that when DX 9 is missing. I had the very same thing happen to me when I first installed 3D Coat. So, anytime you install it on a new PC, make sure to install the DX (9).

In the future, when you install a new build of 3DC, it's pretty hassle-free.

ohh and re direct x setup.. the link on the 3dcoat installer is broken:

http://pilgway.com/files/dxsetup.exe

i used the webdirect x installer.. but again.. stil 3dcoat opens and then closes within a second of opening it..

I cant even input my serival number(it reads "demo" on top title bar)

Thanks! Excuse for so long resolving, really not easy task. With your help we will do it.

Now please delete MyDocuments/3D-CoatV3, replace EXE with latest one attached in this forum and give me log.txt again.

log attached

I know you are busy.. and this may be taking too much time... I think maybe for now i will use the 32 bit build untill maybe you have time to finish 3.5.25 (or whatever you where working on before i had this problem)

Log.txt

SOLVED!!!!

IT was the options.xml file int he 3dcoat documents folder!!! READ this solution on another thread (the 3dcoat locks up thread) and deleted the options.xml file and WOW now the 3dcoat 64 bit version runs too!!!!

THANK YOU ANDREW!

but why? you had me delete the ENTIRE 3dcoat documents folder before and that didnt work .. so WHY only delting the options.xml ( which wass deleted when whole folder was deleted) works??

but now we know solution to 3dcoat freezing or "disapearing" it it is to delete the options.xml

What does this file hold information wise? will it affect any of my wacom or 3dcoat settings in the long run? and funny that this file did not effect the 32 bit version only the 64 bit version did not work.. weird...