3DCoat Forums

advise on the Video & Tutorials

lc8b105

• Contributor
I general, the main problem is to spent some time to make several tutorials. Now we started to do 2 tutorials. I think it will be no problem to give them in several different formats for comfort of everyone.

Thanks Andrew.

Just to clarify an earlier point of mine. It is Windows Internet Explorer that plays the QuickTime Movie files. (If you have not downloaded the free player separately)

• Advanced Member
Thanks Andrew.

Just to clarify an earlier point of mine. It is Windows Internet Explorer that plays the QuickTime Movie files. (If you have not downloaded the free player separately)

Wrong, as far as i know. QT inside IE avialable via instalable ActiveX, exactly as any other format.

You can read about it on Apple website:

http://developer.apple.com/quicktime/compatibility.html

Thanks Andrew.

bwtr,

Hang in there.

Andrew,

I never watch streaming (video) tutorials. I may just be uninformed but I find that streaming tutorials are very unfriendly. For one thing I have a daily download limit which I refuse to waste replaying a tutorial trying to pick up details. I will always download Quicktime tutorials so I only pay once and can play over and over.

• Advanced Member

choover

Streaming its just an option of course, streaming file can be downloaded once and used localy.

-----------------

I'll vote for lower resolution streaming flash files + downloadable higher resolution files in one of popular formats - .mov, .avi, .wmv etc.

• Advanced Member
choover

Streaming its just an option of course, streaming file can be downloaded once and used localy.

-----------------

I'll vote for lower resolution streaming flash files + downloadable higher resolution files in one of popular formats - .mov, .avi, .wmv etc.

^_^

and everyone is happy