Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
vivi

GPU (CUDA) performance 30%

3 posts in this topic

is it normal that when sculpting , my GPU usage is about 30% ? the thing is..I can't seem to get a good performance when sculting. For example only when using very small brush size I can make smooth strokes.

Using a bigger radius will cause a huge delay and result in not even getting a continues stroke... I enabled CUDA but no changes...

I just saw that at some point, the GPU usage raises to 99% even I am doing nothing...and then 3D-coat needs a restart.

Ok..the problem with the 99% usage is caused by the shadows...if I turn it off it works again...

Edited by vivi

is it normal that when sculpting , my GPU usage is about 30% ? the thing is..I can't seem to get a good performance when sculting. For example only when using very small brush size I can make smooth strokes.

Using a bigger radius will cause a huge delay and result in not even getting a continues stroke... I enabled CUDA but no changes...

I just saw that at some point, the GPU usage raises to 99% even I am doing nothing...and then 3D-coat needs a restart.

Ok..the problem with the 99% usage is caused by the shadows...if I turn it off it works again...

I have the same problem. version 3.5.20(64bit Cuda) seems to have less of an issue, that's what I use for production work.

it's a weird bug. it doesn't show up immidiately. you have to work for a few minutes, and then... crunch. 3Dcoat updates 1 frame every few seconds.

-n

I have the same problem. version 3.5.20(64bit Cuda) seems to have less of an issue, that's what I use for production work.

it's a weird bug. it doesn't show up immidiately. you have to work for a few minutes, and then... crunch. 3Dcoat updates 1 frame every few seconds.

-n

yes..but for me the 3.5.20 is same!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0