3DCoat Forums

3dcoat freezes at startup

hmm sounds like a problem i used to have with maya and matchmover.. ended up that I needed to update my graphics drivers.. ohh and matchmover would lock up the same way.. one day wen i was deleting services to see what interfeared it turned out the wacom (pen pressure tablet) service is what was causing matchmover to "freeze" .. so maybe kill your wacom drivers off via task manager(on win 7)...

so if you go back to the last good version that worked for you ( ie 3.5.22) is it still doing it?

when you installed bigger monitor did it come with drivers that you installed(some new monitors got drivers for accessories/display properties)

• Advanced Member

I found that if I start 3dcoat under root (administrative) privilege it works ok and just fine as it was before. The program folder is and always was on my second drive (not the system one) and I did nothing with the folder access rights. I would still prefer to have 3dcoat working usual way because applink is not working when 3dcoat is in the root mode. Do somebody have an idea what may be wrong?

Please post there log.txt, possibly it will show something.

Also try to delete Options.xml (both in MyDocuments/3D-CoatV3).

OMG!!!! Andrew THaNK YOU!!! i read this post DELETING this options.xml ALSO CURES MY PROBLEM form the 3dcoat x64 closing! thread: http://3d-coat.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=8625

i read this and said well i deleted the ENTIRE 3dcoat directory like you asked me to before.. but maybe ill just delet this one file and now the 64 bit 3dcoat works!!!... why would it not work by deleting the whole directory and work if only 1 file deteled?! THNK YOU!