3DCoat Forums

Meshmixer returns but.....

JimB

• Advanced Member

I said before this would probably happen as MeshMixer has some great technology, i was hoping that the developer would join 3DC however. I had noticed there has not been any updates for a while so i had guessed either the project ended or there had been a buy out of the technology.

Sculptris is basically stopped now with a extra update basically to brand it with ZB. I hope the same doesn't happen with MeshMixer and it keeps being developed, no doubt the MM technology will be going to Mudbox which could result in some really cool features for that program but i hope the free app keeps going also.

Either way though congrats to the MeshMixer developer.

Is a nature's law and completely normal, in fact big players are a bit late to the party but they have the resources on their back to allow entering late into the party ;)

is like the SDS revolution not long ago vs NURBS or the rendering revolution more recently, it only proves that Dynamic Subdivision sculpting was a safe bet for the future :)

cheers