3DCoat Forums

Where to find new updates

philem

Hi guys, I am a new owner of 3D Coat (only had it about 2 weeks) I visit these forums daily and I noticed in one of the topics it is mentioned that the programme is updates at least once a week.

I currently have V3.5.19a, where do I find the updates, when I click on the "look for updates" in the programme I am taken to a page that an error messages says "Page Not Found"

Is there a specific place where the updates are located?

thanks in advance

You will find the latest betas at http://3d-coat.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=6634 or by browsing the "new releases and betas" forum.

The latest stable release can be found at http://3d-coat.com/download/ (you will have to log in)

The latest beta is 3.5.27 (at the time of this writing.)

Windows users get an update about once a week. Mac and Linux users get less frequent updates, (which is better as they tend to get milestone releases with less bugs.

I must emphasis: These are BETA updates, this means you should keep your current version and install these beta (if you want) in another folder.

As these are ongoing development versions some functionalities may get broken. They're not official updates, more like a customer preview of what's coming in future versions of 3dcoat.

Honestly while that's true with most apps I find 3DC to be extremely stable, especially if you enable autosave in the Preferences. I only keep the latest beta installed and in case something does go wrong I keep the installer for the last beta version around. I've only needed it once though.

Download from there, and choose according to your system and hardware (cuda version is for "recent" nvidia graphics cards)

In your case you need to download either with cuda 64 or without.

Don't forget to activate ShowBetaTools in preferences to test some of the new liveclay features.

BTW since you use open gl version, it is STRONGLY recommended to use directx version if you have nvidia hardware, some bug were introduced in nvidia drivers causing performance issues in opengl version.

Thanks for the reply, I tried to run the DX version but got an error message saying that the d3dx9_38.dll file is missing, so, I googled it, found and downloaded it and installed it into C:\Windows\SysWOW64, the programme still wouldn't start (same error message), so I copied the file into C:\Windows\System32, now I get an error message saying that The application was unable to start correctly (0x000007b).

The GL version works.

What am I missing?

thanks in advance