3DCoat Forums

PIE-Navi at Layer Menu

Methelina

• Advanced Member

1. Groups with Layers. Sometimes work with layers goes very complex in huge projects like a character modeling. Folders and sub-folders will be awesome for complex projects.

2. Pie navigation between layers and channels. It will be much usefull to have a Fast Pie Menu with sub-content to change current Layer and the channel.

Here is a concept:

pielayermenu.th.jpg

I hope users find this idea usefull

• Reputable Contributor

I agree to some extent. What I would like to see, in the Paint Room, is layer masking with thumbnails (ala Photoshop). It provides a non-destructive method of masking/erasing. Right now, in 3DC, it's totally destructive. Once you erase, you can't get it back. Layer masking also makes it easier to blend portions of one layer with another. In Photoshop, I can also CTRL click on the layer mask to select it, then copy/paste it to another layer.

Problem is, each layer in 3D Coat has essentially 3 maps/channels. That can be handled by treating each layer the same way a LAYER GROUP is treated in PS. It effectively functions that way in 3DC. You can edit the individual layer's masks separately or globally (by adding a mask to the GROUP)

• Advanced Member

Yeah! Agree 2, masking will save nerves and raise up the paint work at new level. And with Pie menu selecting and changin' the layers and masks will be much easy and visual.

And in this issue Pixel-LOCK at layer will be nice thing too to prevent bleeding of pixels.