3DCoat Forums

Autopo coming to Zbrush ??

manticor

• Advanced Member

Just downloaded Zbrush 4R2b and noticed something new in the tool pallet , alittle button called qRemesher...so did a little searching and found this paragraph on zbrushcentral

QRemesher

is result of the collective efforts of both Pixologic and Verold. As it’s name suggests, it is a remeshing solution both automatic and guided. Stay tuned, for a February pre-release Alpha version of QRemesher, available for download and preview inside ZBrush 4R2b. Once completed, QRemesher will be available for purchase and download at Pixologic.com.

Seems to me that Zbrush are following Andrews lead (again) .

From this page

http://www.zbrushcentral.com/showthread.php?165512-*****-ZBrush-4R2b-Launched!-*****&p=923974#post923974

• Advanced Member

little googling on Verold got this:

The Toronto-based start-up provides powerful software that will drive the next generation of 3D content.

Verold’s unique solution reduces the time needed to create ready-to-animate content for games, web content,

AR/VR and films; its non-linear content production work-flow automates or partially automates many of the

labour-intensive processes involved in producing 3D content.

curious to see what's in store...

:)

• Advanced Member
And they copied Raul's swirlclay with fold and spiral brushes.

Eh, it exists in sculptris from the first build. Long time before Raul's implementation. It's the R tool.

Sculptris belongs to pixologic, right?

But I wonder, how comes and pixologic still copies 3dcoat? They may copy the new vertexpainting too?

Yes. And the retopo as well but with this slight small difference. Guides will be forced loops. Ready for animation.

It seems they also copied instances. The new fibers implementation. I easily managed to export such a mesh in blender, UVs already here and created many more instances! A fine tool with lot of possible uses and the help of incredibly good tools. Try it.

But I like to add this. Qremesher will not be a free plugin. Have you noticed this?

• Advanced Member
I'm waiting to see what they come up with qremesher but I wouldn't get my hope too high.

Indeed. Neither do I. But let's wait Beat.

Fibermesh is awesome indeed, lot of possible uses, interesting exports as mesh.

But what impressed me is the masking tools. cavity AO etc. They fixed the bugs but also added some interesting parameters.

I'm not so sure what happened to this project BTW

http://www.zbrushcentral.com/showthread.php?96408-Playing-with-polygons-topology

• Advanced Member

FiberMesh is awesome indeed and I'm having a lot of fun with it. I'm not so sure about the whole copying bit though. More likely it's the constant flow of artists requesting better retopo tools in ZBrush, with 3D Coat pointed to as the obvious example of how to do it right. As for swirl, yeah I don't think Pixlogic would have ever thought of that one on their own if 3D Coat didn't exist. It's just not obvious at all. :p:

• Advanced Member

I don't see real loop guides though and this ear area is awful LOL.

Remember that when the plugin arrives it will be in alpha initially. So I would expect some issues like the ear you pointed out. Will see how it plays out... and how much they are thinking of charging for it before declaring it as great or rubbish.

Mike

• Advanced Member

All these tools like swirl are based on a dynamic tessellation function. Obviously.

To use them under dynamesh is a little tricky, you have to hit enter all the time, on a hi density mesh. But it works. Just saying.

Very useful for some specific artifacts but I can't call them basic tools for sculpting.

On the other hand, the instances can't be exported as meshes, only the simple fibers with UVs.

Very nice but I already found a bug when fibers are exported as solid meshes. The tip area is wrong on the UV map and practically impossible to fix it.

This is bad news as applying a gradient map on these UVs can work as a value to control transparency on a renderer like cycles.

It will work fine on two dimensional fibers though, like grass. But why not using the blender instances/particles instead? Because zb new fiber brushes are excellent for modeling and painting. Very clever tools indeed.

• Advanced Member

The UV bug is happening when 3 or 4 faces profile is used. When 5 or more (and of course 2) no such a problem. Weird LOL

Do I have to add that new zb build rocks? The "humble" fix on cavity, AO and other masks export with the addition of some interesting parameters has impressed me.

As some "humble" improvements on their BPR (render engine)

Rock2.jpg

And a simple demonstration on exporting fibers to blender (with UVs) (cycles)

fibersUVTest.jpg