3DCoat Forums

Daz Free Software

JimB

• Advanced Member

interesting. I'm willing to play around with any animation tools they might have there - though I doubt it needs to be said, Blender is way more powerful than Bryze and Daz Studio combined

It always frustrates me when I go back to DAZ because Hexagon was my first modeling software ever and I fell in love with it. It is so very awesome but as far as I can tell they still haven't polished/bug fixed it enough. It had the best modeling tools and the best modeling interface...sigh

even now, about 4 years later since I first got it, it's still pretty competitive from a modeling standpoint. Even the paint tools were good if not for the bugs. It's just such a shame. If they had focused on Hexagon more they could probably sell it at a respectable price.

Of course blender is more powerful, those other apps aren't intended for the same purpose.

It's funny I just downloaded the low end version of Daz yesterday to use in my current job. I've never used it before but it was quite simple to get a full decent looking generic character, just what i was looking for.

• Advanced Member

Bryce... you can export the trees or just the foliage (with UVs). Not that bad, think about it.

Another interesting use of it is to render a less dense foliage in blender and export it as alpha transparent. (there're some interesting parameters under the render settings)

Terrains? Hey, we have voxels. The best terrain editor.

I almost forgot this. Bryce can render panorama 24 bit per color HDRI. What do you say?