3DCoat Forums

Clone Stamp Brush -Softness

JPWestmas

Hi all, I was wondering if anyone had some tips for making the falloff of the clone stamp brush much more soft like the rubberstamp tool in Photoshop. I love to use this on a model directly but it seems no matter what I do, the edge of the brush is always pretty hard. Maybe there are some settings I'm not aware of?

• Advanced Member

Edit > Preferences > Show 'Focal shift' in top panel

I think it's off by default. I'm still a 3DC noob but maybe that might help you. Values can be set from -100% to +100% (-90% works good). While playing around I found the fourth brush (counting horizontally from left to right) seems to produce the softest edge. I'm sure you already know, but I'll say it anyways; you can always make your own brushes. Don't forget you can smooth by holding the shift key as well. There is also varying stroke types in the upper left of the menu and a setting for borer width that might also help depending on which stroke your using (try the rectangle at zero and then 100 to see the difference).

• 4 years later...
  • 1 year later...

This still appears to be an issue almost 6 years later. I am not noticing any effect of different alpha/depth/falloff or focal shift with Copy Clay with various combinations of tool options. Beyond depth values pushing the applied clay data to the mesh at higher elevation, only blend with laplacian and adjusting the strength seems to really have effect, doesn't necessarily allow for properly blending with a fall off / smooth / softened edge if the cloned data has varied elevation..