3DCoat Forums

4 VIEWPORTS or Multiple View for everyone

Hi 3D Coat Team,

We really love this amazing and non compareable software BUT a little so dam useful thing we miss. The possibiltie to switch the cameraview like we know in any onther programm we work with like Cinema 4D, Carrara Pro 8, Blender and so many others. we composed the possible futurefeature in the pic down under and we hope/wish to see this in the next version or in the next greate versionjump ...4.0 perhaps? i think we are not the only one who missed this feature? Go on with your great work and many thanks. Have a good time. 2IDs media:design RON

A PICTURE-MONTAGE ...........Could this be real.................???

post-2792-0-02159700-1331900557_thumb.pn

post-2792-0-02159700-1331900557_thumb.pn

• Like 1

• Advanced Member

I agree, this is a much missed feature that would make 3D Coat a lot more user friendly for many.

Mods as this is a feature request perhaps it might get noticed more if it were moved in to the Feature Request forum.

Thanks

• Advanced Member

I agree, this is a much missed feature that would make 3D Coat a lot more user friendly for many.

Mods as this is a feature request perhaps it might get noticed more if it were moved in to the Feature Request forum.

Thanks

This is not the feature request forum :angry:

• Advanced Member

Thanks for responding Phil, I always did like the option in other 3d software of having 4 views, some people however are put

off of sofware that does not have this option.

I also dislike and cannot understand when a request is put forward for this feature it is pretty much blanked by the dev(s).

• Advanced Member

Which one of 3D Coat's competitors has mutli-viewports? It's a must in a large application like 3ds Max, Maya, Lightwave, etc...because of the large number of objects, and then you have animations. I'd rather keep specialty apps like this more specialized and not try to become more and more like the larger ones.

I'm sure you would, but some of us like to use four views and with realtime updating. :)

• Advanced Member

I like it too...in 3ds Max. Obviously developers of Mudbox, ZBrush, 3D Coat, Mari, etc. elect not to utilize multi-viewports for some common reason. Maybe it's to keep it simple. Maybe not. No sense getting mad at the developers because they don't.

Whose getting mad at the developer(s) certainly not I ?

• 5 months later...
  • Advanced Member

I add my non support to this option. I don't see the benefit and have an idea why it's not popular...

Besides, we have MUCH MORE important problems to fix before adding features which are obviously not necessary to almost all software of the like of 3dcoat.

Oh well thats it then!

• Advanced Member

What is more important than multiple views is multiple screens. i realize this must be difficult to pull off in a sculpture program; neither Zbrush nor Mudbox has it. I suspect it's the way the OpenGL window is optimized for maximum speed and maximum polygons/voxels in a sculpture program..

Nevertheless I'd really love to be able to shuck off all the pop ups/attribute editors/toolbars etc to my second screen and leave my main screen wide open for nothing but the object I'm sculpting in. There's just too much clutter on the screen otherwise.

• Like 1

• Advanced Member

Nevertheless I'd really love to be able to shuck off all the pop ups/attribute editors/toolbars etc to my second screen and leave my main screen wide open for nothing but the object I'm sculpting in. There's just too much clutter on the screen otherwise.

+1 for multi windows support you should add it to mantis

• Contributor

I find four views useful when doing something in Ortho view and simultaneously seeing the result in perspective. Especially with the move tool I often get two bumps on either side of the Sym plane when I want one bump in the middle as when matching a reference image.

• 3 months later...
  • Advanced Member

I find four views useful when doing something in Ortho view and simultaneously seeing the result in perspective. Especially with the move tool I often get two bumps on either side of the Sym plane when I want one bump in the middle as when matching a reference image.

Same here but it looks like its not going to happen oddly enough ,personally I will wait and see a little longer before deciding

wheather or not to keep 3DCoat.

• Reputable Contributor

Same here but it looks like its not going to happen oddly enough ,personally I will wait and see a little longer before deciding

wheather or not to keep 3DCoat.

I understand the want, but there are so many other things on the docket with greater need. It's very likely a matter of having to gut the architecture, and months worth of coding. No thanks. If you think it's so critical to your painting or sculpting workflow, then go a head and switch to another app that does. Oh, wait (there is no other app of it's kind, that offers that). ;)

• Advanced Member

HaHa! thanks for taking the time to reply and I am glad you understand the want/need,so for now at least I will stick with Silo and just use

3DCoat for the finishing stuff . In retrospect the educational version would probably have been sufficient but was not available at the time

I purchased.

It would be nice/polite if Andrew was to reply to requests for features like "I have no idea how to do that" or whatever etc.

but... Andrew very times replied request saying "I have no idea how to do that"

near example

I know this bug, but is not fixed because I have no idea how. It is bug of drivers, I have not found way to force them to work properly in this case. It is ONLY GL related.

respect