Tony Nemo

Easy Asset Creation

10 posts in this topic

Here is a free program (Autodesk 123D Catch Beta) that can speed up asset creation:

you can do the same in 3D coat... are you sure you posted in the right forum..?

anyway, I tried 3Dcatch... low result.... I prefer Pscan... a little money, but worth it.. :)

h/

Yeah, speed up I can't say. Zbrush isn't for this job obviously, lot of lost time.

Much better in blender, better topology tools, very easy transferring of multiple UVs to a new clean one etc etc.

Staying on free ware apps.

"you can do the same in 3D coat" Wow! I didn't know that. 123Catch needs 40 or 50 shots to get decent results. How many does it take in 3D Coat? Are there any tutorials? You can see why I thought this the appropriate forum. ^_^

please read my post again.. I am just saying I use Pscan to do the same.. then I mport the model as Voxel in 3D coat for retpo.. that's what I said.. nothing more.. :)

and the results I get from it are 100 miles superior..

check it here..

http://www.agisoft.ru/products/photoscan/standard/

DL the demo and see by yourself..

I used this sketch app when it used to be called Photofly (a better name IMO). It's OK but isn't really detailed enough for my liking. I "scanned" my friend's head with it and it had a lot of trouble with some areas.

Why should the first video be easier than the normal workflow?

Only advantage i can find is the foto-texturing, but modelling a chest like that would be done in a few clicks, why retopo a cube ;)?

Even photo-texturing wouldn't take more than the 5 clicks needed fort the visible stuff. Their app uses dozens of camera clicks plus all the clicks necessary to use them in 3DC.

Please don't forget: Not anyone works in Games and even needs Retopo.

Having marker-less scanning available from photos is extremely cool for many applications.