3DCoat Forums

rogue vertices in autopo

Jason Brindley

hi,

I'm pretty new to 3dCoat and it's routines. Like many people I started using it for it re-topology and auto retopo capabilities. I've had reasonable success so far but this particualr model is giving me grief - verts are snapping over to the world centre. I've tried fixing up the sculpt in zbrush (where it was made originally) and a number of different strokes in the autopo wizard, but there's always some verts that snap over. They're not always from the same area of the mesh.

If I had some idea as to why this was happening I could work towards fixing it.

Any ideas?

thanks in advance

J

post-11836-0-25217000-1332536526_thumb.j

• Advanced Member

Jason, are you autopoing with symmetry on or off?

Sometimes with symmetry the mirror snapping can default to a really high number and create weird results.

What's your "mirror snapping" set to in the retopo room menu bar (top right).

If it's crazy high set it down to say 5% and retest with a new autopo.

Or is your mesh not fully symmetrical , centered etc and your using autopo with symmetry on ?

If you merge it into the voxel room >apply symmetry >menu>voxels>symm copy - do you notice any alteration from one side to the other?

Does right clicking the merged voxel layer > "to global space" fix any symmetry issues

Without knowing the full steps and what you tried yourself to resolve - helping maybe hard. Of course it may well be a bug depending on what version you're running?

• 2 weeks later...

hi, sorry for not replying earlier -- I mustn't have had email notification on and I just carried on through the days struggling with it.

I did it manually in the end. but some of the problem seemed to be that it was made from multiple subtools (in zbrush) but had holes and areas of the mesh that weren't connected etc. - I manged to get the autopo working ok in the end but I wasn't happy with the results so that's why I did it manually. Here's what I managed eventualy - I was quite pleased with the result considering it was my first ever attempt!

thanks for the help anyway guys. and apologies again for not replying :huh:

post-11836-0-23037000-1333732681_thumb.j