3DCoat Forums

3D Coat mention by Authority FX in Ontario, Canada

GregMalick

• Advanced Member
“For sculpting we use a combination of 3D-Coat and Zbrush on most every model asset we create. By using voxels and dynamesh, time-consuming traditional box modelling isn’t really necessary anymore. We use 3D-Coat mainly for its retopology and UV tools, and Zbrush for high detail work and poly painting.”

Yes Siree - thanks for the link Greg.

It would have been nice to read a little more on process but everyone is different and there is no definitive method so to speak. For example was the original basis for the retopo done in ZBrush or 3DCoat? Each to their own really and possibly mix and match, depending on the scenario.

One thing's for sure they play well together , make a great couple - they complete each other , and we're lucky to know them both :-)

• 1 month later...
  • Contributor

I watched the AFX 2011 demo reel on Youtube. Impressive!

I agree that 3D-Coat and Zbrush work very well together. I send my models back and forth between these apps often. Lately though I have been spending more and more time in 3D-Coat because it is improving so much and so quickly!