LJB

Bleak 'Infected'

34 posts in this topic

Id like to share finshed 'Infected' model from our WIP showcase.

Bleak_Medium_Infected_Colour.jpg

Bleak_Medium_Infected_Ambient.jpg

Hope you like. Colours done in 3D Coat.

post-1266-0-31070500-1333965293_thumb.jp

post-1266-0-45778200-1333965301_thumb.jp

4 people like this

Nice job!

I love the style. :)

nice, with which program is it sculpted ? also 3DCoat?

Nice!

The huge tongue and head area are very impressive.

I can imagine him running after his bus to go to work on the morning :)

Great work.

Cool character design.

Very Creepy!

Thank you All! Means a lot!!

@ Chingchong If only it were possible for me to work enitrely in Coat. Soon I think!!! :D

He was Sculpted in ZBrush All retopologies were done in 3D-Coat, Maps were baked in Topogun 2 beta (Cos I like them!! form here) though painted tweaks to normal maps 3D-Coat then folowup in Crazy bump, then Colours done in 3D-Coat. Rendered in Unity

@ Garagarape he better catch it or he may do some damage to the conductor.

He was Sculpted in ZBrush All retopologies were done in 3D-Coat, Maps were baked in Topogun 2 beta (Cos I like them!! form here) though painted tweaks to normal maps 3D-Coat then folowup in Crazy bump, then Colours done in 3D-Coat. Rendered in Unity

Technics may look complicated for some viewers, never for the artist. He picks the tools that spontaneously come handy.

Thank you Michalis

Here is the Player Model with a bit more dressing -

Bleak_Player_02.PNG

Thanks for looking :)

3 people like this

Then I am well Happy! :D Thank you!

I am going to go back ad re address a few pulls and details but I like the pose and Angle.

The soldier model is awesome!

Only one crit, but it is may be due to my display...

The warm red color seems a little too strong, and the

blue back light a little too subbtle IMO.

But, WOW! What a masterpiece!

The work of a professional... :drinks:

and I hope you medical problems are less severe now..

Hi Leigh. Nice work, especially the monster in the first post. The player model looks nice too. I am not shure about the wrinkles in his cloth, but the complete pose looks very well. Something different: The char looks uninteresting, a bit too much "regular", not like a hero, if he represent one. I guess it's mainly the hairstyle and his facial expression. But this is just my personal subjective opinion. As always: "All critics at a high level." ;)

The char looks uninteresting, a bit too much "regular", not like a hero, if he represent one.

he probably has the gulf-war-syndrome :D

@ Digman Thank you, Getting better this morning (touch wood) was the first in a long long time that i havent woken with foggy painful headache feeling.

@Chris Thank you, I was aiming very much for understated, That is exactly what I was after. Yes Cloth on Arms is awful, I hate it and will redo.

@ Garagarape Thank you also Very flattered.

Player Model image updated

did you also changed the skin color? Because it seems even more red, than the previous.

But the cloth wrinkles now fits better on the arms.

Btw: Is this for a game? Cause im wondering about an animated version of the player. Would the cloth also be animated? That would be hard to do, or?

So that wrinkles are only static? Made only for that pose? Right?

Yes, the skin has turned more red. I like it like that too.

In the previous verion it was kind of "Manet" styled (Red on red) because

clothes and skin color were quite similar. Now clothes and skin area are more

easy to read. He need to put some suntan cream though...

Did you paint directly on the previous pic for a test?

There is something that changed on left arm, but I can't tell exactly what.

very cool work ، i like it ;D

painted tweaks to normal maps 3D-Coat

I watched a video you made somewhere about how you "paint tweaks to normal maps in 3D-Coat", and I tried to use that same technique myself, but it doesn't seem to work for me. When I try to smooth out sections of the normal map layer in the paint room I get unexpected results, like it doesn't seem to smooth well with the surrounding area. I have tried turning on/off the color and/or normal map buttons when painting and I can't seem to figure out how to make it work properly. I'm supposed to be making these edits on the layer labeled "normal map" correct? In your video it seems to be working out so nicely for you...how are you doing it? In the video you also mentioned something about a special "smoothed UV" section around the character's mouth...what is that? Do I need a higher UV resolution in specific areas that I want to edit? Any pointers you could give me would be much appreciated! Thank you for your posts, you have helped me a lot, and your work is very inspiring!

@ Fuad3d Thank you, Your work is Fantastic!!

@TimmyZDesign Thank you.

The problem i think is its a Disjointed workflow. Its quite obscure. It works very well but things don't flow properly and tools don't function as they should appear to. I will perhaps try and Knock heads with Andrew again on this. as i feel it could do with some refinement of function.

Its too difficult to explain here and i need a video, I have some videos coming V'soon I will be posting where to get them when they drop.

Thanks LJB! I probably just need to continue tinkering with painting on normal maps. If I put enough trial and error into it, maybe I'll be able to figure it out. In any case I'm looking forward to your videos!

Wicked nice!!!!