3DCoat Forums

Free 3D Coat Brushes

philnolan3d

Just to be clear, it's the Alpha versions. And actually it looks like it may require more than just drag and drop, the PSDs are in a strange format. that crashes 3DC and doesn't even look right in my image viewer, I can load most of them in Photoshop though. Maybe there's some way to automate a conversion to something more normal.

• Advanced Member
Just to be clear, it's the Alpha versions. And actually it looks like it amy require more than just drag and drop, the PSDs are in a strange format. that crashes 3DC and doesn't even look right in my image viewer, I can load most of them in Photoshop though. Maybe there's some way to automate a conversion to something more normal.

It also crashed over here.. I did a batch convert on all brushes and now I can import them with ease.. would you like me to upload them?

• Advanced Member

In photoshop I created an action which does --> multichannel to rgb image conversion --> save as TGA, I ran this on all files.

Now they import with no problem. If you want to use these for the 3DC PenPack I would like to upload them for you.

• Like 1

In photoshop I created an action which does --> multichannel to rgb image conversion --> save as TGA, I ran this on all files.

Now they import with no problem. If you want to use these for the 3DC PenPack I would like to upload them for you.

That would be great if you could, thank you!

• Advanced Member

Some of the stroke brush's (carve etc.)may need inverting in PS also, the ones that are white on the outer. I think they are designed to work as inverted tool (Brush)action for Zbrush that has automatic Zsub characteristics. Though they may have a use doing discrete dots.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Kargall!

You can have them on any drive you have access to. To add them, go to the brushes tab, in the top right corner is a small triangle. Click it and you'll have some options, one should say something to the effect of "add folder" or "add existing folder". Use it and it will prompt you with a file requester. Select the folder you have these brushes (or any other brushes for that matter) and hit OK. Now the brushes will show up in another preset of the brushes panel, under the little triangle.

Hope that helps!

A couple of additional ways to add it: Go to File > Install Extension and pick the file or you can also just drag the 3dcpack file into the 3DC window and you'll get a pop up asking if you want to add it to Pens or Strips.