3DCoat Forums

Brush is irregular for professional sculpting

DavidF

3dcoatbrush.jpg

Hi!! Well, I think the image above explains very clearly what I think must be improved: Stroke depth irregularities. It doesn't happen in zbrush, doesn't happen in mudbox. In 3d-coat is almost impossible to make regular strokes that don't end up with bumps and irregularities in the sculpt, and is also hard to even up, if you have the time to do so. This may seem like a small thing, but it makes a world of a difference... this takes from you so much control over what you're doing... In fact, in my opinion, this is the ONLY THING that puts 3d-coat below zbrush on a professional level, because in every other aspect it is just faster and versatile. This happens mostly on a medium-high detail level and is even more noticeable in surface mode (the mode that we'll all finish up our high detail sculpting in he end).

Also, this is not a tablet pressure problem, it also happens with the mouse.....

• Reputable Contributor

Well, gosh darn' it ... this number +1 has been seen hanging around this neck of the woods for awhile.

In Texas where I live, ya got to get the bull not by horns but by the b*&^lls or he will get you... :D

+1

wow, i just saw your twitter post andrew, "I improver algorithm of brushing to make strokes more smooth and even." That is soooo great and sooo fast. Really, i'll be looking forward the next build... Thank you!!!

• 2 months later...