3DCoat Forums

Retopo - select connected

jedwards

• Advanced Member

Checked the manual to see if maybe I'd missed this in a previous update but didn't see anything, so apologies if it exists and I am unaware...

Sometimes my mesh/retopo work involves working with completed assets that need changes. These assets can often consist of multiple mesh groups that overlap and otherwise intersect in ways that complicate selection and manipulation, so I like to break them apart into new layers. This would be much easier to do if I could select all connected elements of an existing selection rather than having to painstakingly paint them by hand. Typically in modo or silo I could just double click on a polygon to select all polygons that are part of that mesh piece, or in modo, also use the "]" key as an alternative. I really miss this selection feature when doing retopology in 3dcoat. If it is there and I just haven't found it, awesome - if not, then consider it a request. =]