178 posts in this topic

The 3D Coat Youtube Channel is an offical reasource for Tutorials, New Feature Demos and more. New content is being added continually, so make sure to subscribe or check in often

3D-Coat Official YouTube Channel

There have been many new feature addition videos, including the recent changes to the Sketch Tool, and the new Retopo Mesh Update (to conform to Voxel model when you need to go back and make large scale changes to the Voxel Model) feature. There are also some covering the 3DConnexion device support. Be sure to check them out.

The videos are great and clearly detailed, ty !

Can i ask the computer specs used to demo ?

Thanator video show a 35.000.000 polygons scene 0_o

Thanks. It was/is an AMD X6 (1090T...clocked at 4Ghz+) CPU, 16GB RAM, and GTX 470 Graphics card.

Here's one super handy feature in 3D Coat, that has been relatively hidden. The ability to swap UV's without having to worry about losing your texture work. Andrew made it super easy and seamless.

Downloading the latest Intro to 3D Coat videos, Voxel Sculpt.

Thanks AbnRanger

Downloading the latest Intro to 3D Coat videos, Voxel Sculpt.

Thanks AbnRanger

Thanks for the feedback. More is in the works, still.

Recently added the Tutorial on creating Layer Masks. Thought most users would find it very helpful, as it's a rather obscure feature. It's not mentioned in the Manual, and almost no way for a user to discover it on their own.

2 people like this

Just added a demonstration of the new Spline Stroke Draw mode. I'm loving this feature. Using it in conjunction with LiveClay is a killer combination.

Can't thank you enough for doing these AbnRanger. They are an excellent resource and very well done.

Can't thank you enough for doing these AbnRanger. They are an excellent resource and very well done.

I agree. Probably the best 3D-Coat tutorials I have ever seen.

1 person likes this

I agree. Probably the best 3D-Coat tutorials I have ever seen.

For sure!

1 person likes this

Pure wizardry! :)

My appreciation of 3D-Coat improves the more I watch. What an amazing application.

Thanks for the encouraging words. Still trying to make them better, but it's a hard balancing act trying to keep things concise without bypassing details/steps new users may want to know.

These are incredibly valuable.

Makes me wish that other programs had bite sized official youtube tuts.

AbnRanger, I see you recently added some new videos to the Official YouTube Channel. :)

I've got some catching up to do. Thanks so much for making these.

AbnRanger, I see you recently added some new videos to the Official YouTube Channel. :)

I've got some catching up to do. Thanks so much for making these.

Thanks. Trying to get some series finished up and a Visual Guide to LiveClay.

Hi

Any tuto link about Retopo Room - new bake feature:

- Spheres of influence setup

and how to setup zones with real examples ?

Ty in advance :D

Hi

Any tuto link about Retopo Room - new bake feature:

- Spheres of influence setup

and how to setup zones with real examples ?

Ty in advance :D

Uploading it now...kind of a "Video Guide to Happy Baking." Some more from the Common Workflows series. Wanted to do more sculpting, but the videos ran long enough as it is. Stay tuned. Next item up is LiveClay series and complete workflow series, building the Banshee model from scratch in Voxels > Retopo > UV > Paint Room.

1 person likes this

Uploading it now...kind of a "Video Guide to Happy Baking." Some more from the Common Workflows series. Wanted to do more sculpting, but the videos ran long enough as it is. Stay tuned. Next item up is LiveClay series and complete workflow series, building the Banshee model from scratch in Voxels > Retopo > UV > Paint Room.

Cool! looking forward to these. Things for your excellent tutorials AbnRanger.

Thanks carlosan!

I just seen your post.

Here is a tip, that I thought would be helpful. When trying to make a brush selection for tools like Angulator, Smoother, Vox Layer, Vox Extrude and Subdivide, it can be very slow. I mentioned this to Andrew, so hopefully he can multi-thread it so that it's not such an issue. Nevertheless, a good work around is using sticky keys.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMq-GYD6aPc

I asked in another thread who does these videos, but didn't get an answer. Just wanted to say thanks for taking the time to do all of these tutorials. They've been, and are continuing to be, an invaluable help.

AbnRanger makes those videos! He and Javis pretty much taught me everything I know about 3D-Coat! In my mind they are part of the driving force behind 3D-Coat's success!

Thanks for the kind words. It's a tough balancing act between trying to keep things concise and narrowly focused, and explaining things well enough for new users to understand. There have been some new Retopo-oriented videos (including the usage of the new improvements to the Auto-Retopo toolset) added to the "Intro to 3D Coat series." There are a few tips added to help anyone who wants to split the work on a model between manual retopo tools and Auto-Retopo. Also a quick tip on retopologizing otherwise tricky areas, like Eye or Mouth Cavities...these are hard to work on with the manual retopo tools, because the work area is largely obscured.

You can see some emphasis on using the Strokes tool as much as possible, because it is a powerful Auto-Retopo tool in it's own right....in fact, I would recommend using it for roughly 80-90% of the model, if Auto-Retopo doesn't quite suit the task. There is also a brief demo of using the Kitbashing toolset to add another powerful option to Retopologize your model.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZJg6_Udro4&list=PLlQ3JITh9bXOfcZqGuO8gClZisN6yUd1x&index=23