3DCoat Forums

Newbie questions

dyrwoolf

Hi,

I have just started and try this excellent program. I have some beginner's questions, however. I made a stone wall yesterday which was very good, now I would like to make another one with the same settings as the first wall. Color, depth, etc., but even if I enter the exact same settings, I get not the same result? The only difference between the two walls is the first I created mev voxels in the 3d coat, the other I imported from another application.

Then I wonder if you can add an item to an already working with. thus it add it to the scene so to speak.

k, this has to be a very stupid question... but anyway,

I installed the 64bit version (edu), and now i have 2 startup icons: the GL version and the DX version.

Is there any reason why i should use the one or the other (atm using the DX version).

I'm sure other stupid questions will follow... sry in advance :blush:

• Contributor

@Scythar:

You should only use the GL version if you have a graphics card which is OpenGL enabled and/or CUDA enabled. For example, Nvidia's Quadro FX cards can use OpenGL and CUDA.

If you don't have that kind of graphics card in your computer, then use the DX version.