3DCoat Forums

Dominance War III Character

styx

• Advanced Member

Ok the crits first :)

The general design is quite nice. I like the armor in general with the exception of the Gauntlets which i think look too square, you could take a lot of the faces from her skirt (the black pieces overlayed on the chain mail and round off some bits like her hands. Anatomically Id add some more flesh to her legs or atleast get a curvier look to them, id also smooth of her belly moving the belly button up so it is in line with the crests of her hip bones. You've presented her pretty nicely but that massive hammer dosnt look heavy in her hands. Pick something like it up and see how you stand :)

Crits aside i like your design, the general proportion is nice and i love those glowy bits ;)

• Advanced Member

I really like this character. A lot of great detail, plus the image of a relatively small woman wielding a huge hammer. A huge flaming hammer. Nice.

Two crits though.

First off the arms are really minimalist but hold some of the most detailed parts of the character. This creates a really uneven geometry contrast because our eyes are drawn to them arms a lot more than the smooth belly you clearly spent a lot of time working on to get good detail with low poly count. To be honest the model suffers as a result. You can add a lot of detail to the abs with normal maps on a low poly stomach but the arms really need the extra geometry to look good.

Second, the tattoos look great but they're wasted by placing them under low-detail clothing (that chest piece looks kinda plain compared to the rest of her gear). If you place them on a shoulder or wrap them around an arm/leg they'd be much more visible.

What's the poly limit on characters for this game engine?

-Oliver