3DCoat Forums

You can find it there:

http://www.3d-coat.com/files/3d-Coat-2-FreeAddon.exe

Install it in 3D-Coat installation folder and enjoy!

Open materials palette ('M') and select one of new folders:

ExtraSkin

ExtraDirt

ExtraSurface

ExtraCloth

Big thanks to Oliver Thornton ( www.OT3D.com )who contributed most of textures.

I will add there more textures that was mentioned in forum slightly later. Also I will include there many new pens soon.

It is only first step to make rich free materials library. All textures can be used only if you have purchased 3D-Coat.

• Advanced Member
You can find it there:

<a href="http://www.3d-coat.com/files/3d-Coat-2-FreeAddon.exe" target="_blank">http://www.3d-coat.com/files/3d-Coat-2-FreeAddon.exe</a>

Install it in 3D-Coat installation folder and enjoy!

Open materials palette ('M') and select one of new folders:

ExtraSkin

ExtraDirt

ExtraSurface

ExtraCloth

Big thanks to Oliver Thornton ( www.OT3D.com )who contributed most of textures.

I will add there more textures that was mentioned in forum slightly later. Also I will include there many new pens soon.

It is only first step to make rich free materials library. All textures can be used only if you have purchased 3D-Coat.

Thank you very much Andrew and Oliver!

• 4 years later...
  • 1 month later...

Guys, I'm new to 3D Coat and cannot figure out where precisely these extra textures are supposed to be installed. The instructions say drop in the in the installation directory, does that mean that "3D-Coat-2-10" is supposed to be placed in the root of Program Files\3D-Coat-V4? Or, are the individual directories of "Extra" "Patterns" and "Textures" supposed to be set into the root, or what?

Thanks for helping a newbie.

John

• Advanced Member

Guys, I'm new to 3D Coat and cannot figure out where precisely these extra textures are supposed to be installed. The instructions say drop in the in the installation directory, does that mean that "3D-Coat-2-10" is supposed to be placed in the root of Program Files\3D-Coat-V4? Or, are the individual directories of "Extra" "Patterns" and "Textures" supposed to be set into the root, or what?

Thanks for helping a newbie.

John

John,

1. Close 3DC if open
  2. Download and run the exe.
  3. As part of the install you'll be asked to point it at your 3DC program install directory (mine is C:\Program Files\3D-Coat-V4-BETA). I took out the '3D-Coat-2-10' bit and replaced it with my installed directory
  4. Open up 3DC and press M
  5. Using the drop down arrow in the top right of the Materials tab, you can select 'Folder' inside which you will find the new textures

135447150493.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...