3DCoat Forums

4.1 Released! (Current stable version)

Andrew i would like to know what to expect with the Next version of 3Dcoat

4.1 is supposed to have a big push for the paint room. Paint layer groups is apparently going to happen (which I am really looking forward to), and hopefully Photoshop compatible masks and the ability to dissable texture culling as well.

PBR would be nice I agree, It's taking over rapidly in the games space; Marmoset 2, UE4, Cryengine, Unity5, etc. all have it. The new Substance Painter app also has it.

• 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...

After running into some problems with 4.1.0, I just downloaded 4.1.1 to see if there are improvements.

And well, there indeed are many improvements! Thank you for fixing the 4.1.0 problems!

Also, thank you for implementing symmetry on multiple axes at once!

Besides that, I have to say that -in my opinion- those minor design changes (symmetry plane and brush "crosshair" colors) really make 3d-Coat more pleasant on the eyes.

EDIT:

I almost forgot about the Constructor-tool! It's awesome! Now you can create volume very quickly, yet precisely!

Edited by Shu

• 3 weeks later...

Hello, I just upgraded to 4.1.17 and noticed some really great changes considering I was expecting only some minor tweaks to the program.  However, I noticed I no longer have the 3d grid in the render window.  Has this been disabled?    Is there no longer a method of turning it back on?  I thought this strange since if I didn't want it there I could have the option of having it there or not.  I actually liked including the grid in a lot of my render screenshots.