3DCoat Forums

akira's sketchbook

akira

• Advanced Member
very nice Akira, it is interesting how everyone is using different tools - i never used Carve on my models - will try now

Thank you, Yeah I think 3DC has had enough tool for detail sculpting, I just need more time to use every part of the buffalo.

That's really great work Akira! Can you tell me though - did you need to 'increase resolution' to get this quality?

Thanks for the kind words, and no I haven't increased resolution yet, it was around 240k triangles at the time i post him.

akira.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Advanced Member
Very cool!
This is amazing. And only 4.6 mil. that is a very good thing. to me it looks more like 10 mil sculpt.

Thanks! :)

I set 8mil to paint when merging into scene, texture size was 2k x 2k.

Here is a screenshot of the low poly version(6.5k triangles) rendering in real-time in our model viewer.

post-751-1237472293_thumb.jpg

• Advanced Member
Thank you! :D

here's a quick rigging with CAT in Max.

post-751-1237538536_thumb.jpg

I'd love to be able to do that but I don't have max or the windows version of maya (only platform supporting ActorX). :(

I've been wanting to make UT3 characters for quite some time but haven't had the tools.

• Advanced Member
This is a fantastic character, the detail is great! He looks very clean though, did you do any AO passes for the texture? It may help pop out some of the details that are the same color as the material around them (gloves, belt, etc). Love the toes!

Yeah I almost forgot about it, will do. Thank you for advice.

I'd love to be able to do that but I don't have max or the windows version of maya (only platform supporting ActorX). :(

I've been wanting to make UT3 characters for quite some time but haven't had the tools.

CAT is really superb especially for game characters, and I personally think it's the main reason why Autodesk bought Softimage. LOL

this is looking cool, thank you again for all your nice tips too :clapping:

No problem man, your MatCap materials are also very cool. :)

• Advanced Member
Thanks for the quick pose Akira. While it definately brings him alive i dont feel like it really shows his character yet. Are you planning to take him any further? :clapping:

GrtZ 3dioot

Sure, I'll get him polished to be like a hero. :)

But now I'm taking a little break to work on another character - a base female model:

Head progress:

post-751-1237970759_thumb.jpg

Body progress:

post-751-1237970779_thumb.jpg

Merged body to head:

post-751-1237970794_thumb.jpg

todo: fingers

akira.