3DCoat Forums

MattVG Sketches

MattVG

Well, I bought 3D-Coat v2 last month and haven't used it even once ;) Here's my first digital sculpt. I've messed about with the sculpting in the 3D-Coat alpha but mostly just ended up with blobs and weird abstract shapes - curves are so mesmerizing :P

I think this guy turned out pretty well :D Done in Alpha v86rc. Screenshot because the renderer just crashes 3D-Coat.

Goggled Guy

Goggled-Guy.jpg

• Applink Developer

For the first sculpt this is very nice. I dream that I could have done sculpts like that when I first started. I hope you can finish this up. It's like crazy doctor or driver of the crazy vehicle...hmm...which one??? B)

:) Thank you. My sculpts thus far have turned out as strange blobs until last night and this guy showed up. Yeah, he's some sort of inventor I think, so he's a mix of crazy doctor and crazy vehicle driver.

• 2 months later...

Well, I now know the limits of my computer with voxel sculpting and this is it. I Tried adding more detail - fur and such and I wanted to add a belt, sandals, a sword, etc... - but my computer couldn't handle it.

MouseSketch.png

I'm on a Macbook Pro - 2.16GHz, 2GB RAM, 256MB ATI video card. I can get around the issue by roughing the model out in voxels, retopologizing it, and detail it with the surface tools. So, it's not really an issue but I really want to get a new computer... but then, doesn't everyone? :)

Here's a strange dragon I started last evening and now I'm sick of it... I mean, I've finished it.

WeirdDragon.png