3DCoat Forums

Alexeey's Sculpting

Alexeey

• Contributor

Not a bad first attempt Alexeey, I would agree with Taros, When im working on a creature like a dragon I would try Google images and look at examples of Dino's or other animals with inverse jointed legs (Here you miss the ankle on this type of leg) reference will help.

Try to focus on predictable muscles groups, Deltiods (shoulders) are Important. see how they fit together with the overall form of the creature right now what you have is a center section (Tail/Body/Head) and you have a distinct difference in flow of the Limbs. Learning how things fit Even basic just a bit of basic human anatomy will help blend limbs and smooth the transition and will stop you sculpts looking like they are pieced together. I am criticle sorry but I find that this is the stuff that really helps. I used to get very dispondant when posting stuff on CGsociety and ZBrush central But all that harsh crit really helped me learn how things should look and flow. so i tell you this now in the hope that ypou will see it the same way.

Keep us posted with updates.

- leigh