3DCoat Forums

3D model from Photos

Price: EUR 99.00 (individual license) (or 134.8479 U.S. dollars)

Hopefully that's the full price and $67.42395 (EUR 49.50) for the limited time half-off deal.

Wonder when the release date is...

3DArtist you're right, limited time half-off deal is EUR 49.50

Release date is really soon now! :yahoo:

On my side believe me I can't wait to see you guys playing with this new toy. :good:

What I would like to try is taking 2 shots and making a mesh from theat, then turn the object, head, whatever, and taking 2 more shots, make a mesh, etc. until I have have pieces of the whole head, then put them together in either 3DC or Meshlab. This is how it works with David Laser Scanner. I've never tried it with DLS so I'm not sure exactly how difficult it is.

• Contributor

What I would like to try is taking 2 shots and making a mesh from theat, then turn the object, head, whatever, and taking 2 more shots, make a mesh, etc. until I have have pieces of the whole head, then put them together in either 3DC or Meshlab. This is how it works with David Laser Scanner. I've never tried it with DLS so I'm not sure exactly how difficult it is.

It would probably involve some tedious vertice welding but should be doable.

• Advanced Member

Very interesting, I don't think I will buy it,yet, I 'd prefer a pointcloud generated from multiple photo-angles resulting in clear geometry. This soft generates blobby models. :mellow:

And "Photosynth" does just that, only it will not let you save it for unclear reasons.

Maybe PhotoSculpt's features will grow into object re-creation from 2+ photos.

But so far it seems to live up to its name PhotoSculpt "Textures" pretty well.

It is an amazing thing to work like this...post-1736-12677270391901_thumb.jpgpost-1736-12677273027822_thumb.jpg

Hey that's my software!

It looks good. I really think you guys will master it in no time, just looking at that. :yahoo:

• Advanced Member

Hippolyte, I would like to request one thing so far. Your crop tools are nice and what would be a nice addition would be a "Paint alpha" tool.

Similar to the mask painting in Photoshop so that we can paint red (or whatever color) on the areas that should be removed from the image, then click "Create alpha".

Great software so far! :good:

I'm finding that on a detailed model it's very slow. took a good 5 mins to process, then rotating the view is very sluggish. Turning the color map on or off is taking about 23 seconds--

OK while I was typing that I was rotating my dense model around (slowly) and my computer blue screened with a "memory management" error.