3DCoat Forums

sculpserpent(youtube)

ludo_si

• Advanced Member

I agree! Nice work and nice video. :)

It seems the forum is really buggered though. I couldnt see you had posted in this section because the main forum page doesnt update. So it was just by chance that i clicked this open to look up something in an old thread that i found this gem. Webmaster i think the forum needs a bit of love and attention. :rolleyes:

I also noticed that you seem to do all your navigation with the navigation tab at the top of the screen. Maybe its preference on your side but i really recommend you to try and use the shortcuts. Just use ALT + mousebuttons to navigate. It will save you alot of time i think. :)

Cheers

3dioot

• Contributor
A little démo

visit my démo

Excellent work! You have carried the development past the point where I would switch to paint. My work flow would retop the voxel model and paint the new mesh. The reason being that I am unsure about exporting maps from a voxel model. Also, I found that covering a model I was working on with fine textured detail pushed the size past the point where CUDA starts tearing holes in the model (works okay with CUDA disabled). In other words, what will you do with your model now that it is finished? :unsure:

Very nice, ludo_si! Thanks for sharing.

It's impressive to see your elaborate, sharply-refined sculpture emerge from a single blob like that. Awesome combination of creases, folds, and ridges in your James Cameron-esque design!

• 2 weeks later...
Excellent work! You have carried the development past the point where I would switch to paint. My work flow would retop the voxel model and paint the new mesh. The reason being that I am unsure about exporting maps from a voxel model. Also, I found that covering a model I was working on with fine textured detail pushed the size past the point where CUDA starts tearing holes in the model (works okay with CUDA disabled). In other words, what will you do with your model now that it is finished? :unsure:

I have some proble to export a voxel model. Some crash of the software. So i export the model in lowpoly and high poly to get the normal map. And a high model with more than a million face cause many crash. Do you have this problem too?

• Contributor
I have some proble to export a voxel model. Some crash of the software. So i export the model in lowpoly and high poly to get the normal map. And a high model with more than a million face cause many crash. Do you have this problem too?

It probably relates to the Video RAM. I know this impacts texture resolution (see docs) and voxel resolution must be real time and a load on Video RAM. I have 512 and my next upgrade will be 1 gig.