3DCoat Forums

kk.. there is a bug... when I load a mesh as voxels.. 3D coat asks me if I want to keep position and scale..

Scale is kept, but position has changed !!!!

please fix asap.

thank you

Do you mean the position AFTER you exported your model from 3D-Coat?

Because all works fine here.

1. Have exported a mesh from blender as an OBJ.

2. Imported it into 3DC, scaled it. Keeped position and skaling. (No autoscaling used)

3. Then sculpted a bit.

4. Exported it back to blender again in OBJ format.

-> In blender it was positioned exactly at the same position.

EDIT:

The same works fine with FBX.

• 4 months later...

Hellooooo. Newbie Member here :)

Last year i purchased the Educational version of 3D Coat. Not to be hailed as 'frugal' as i do intend to upgrade to the Pro version sometime this year.

My educational version is at 4.1 so when i click on the update in the help it tells me there is version 4.5 BETA available.

My question is 'would this new 4.5 version upgrade my lesser educational version or is it only for the Pro and Roaming licence versions?

Has anyone else with the EDU version upgraded with any problems before i click the button?

Thanks in advance.

Pat :)

• Reputable Contributor

Hellooooo. Newbie Member here :)

Last year i purchased the Educational version of 3D Coat. Not to be hailed as 'frugal' as i do intend to upgrade to the Pro version sometime this year.

My educational version is at 4.1 so when i click on the update in the help it tells me there is version 4.5 BETA available.

My question is 'would this new 4.5 version upgrade my lesser educational version or is it only for the Pro and Roaming licence versions?

Has anyone else with the EDU version upgraded with any problems before i click the button?

Thanks in advance.

Pat :)

The V4 cycle maintains free upgrades for your license type. So, installing 4.5 would be no different, license-wise than 4.1.

• 4 months later...