3DCoat Forums

Import object in paint room use existing UVsets

dexsoft

I think that very useful feature would be to add one more options when we import model for painting into paint room so we can select existing set for each material.

For example when you want to paint model in one pose, you import it, finish painting and then want to paint same model in another pose. Then when you import obj in other pose you have options to use existing UVs or to make automatic UV. I WOULD ADD THERE ONE MORE OPTION to REMAP material to existing UVs.

Maybe there is some fast option to remap uv sets to existing ones after importing but I see this option useful.

My workflow in this case is very slow when I import new model pose I need to select all shells from existing uv set and move to existing old one and this is really slow. If we get that option on very first import it would be much easier. As imported new pose model will have same name uv sets it will be really simple to remap them, If we select option to use existing uv sets then some drop menus can appear where we can select existing materials for each new imported material, so we can have same painted model in different pose in few clicks

Please add this option :)

• Like 1