3DCoat Forums

Custom navigation questions...

AgentSam

1. CURRENTLY ACTIVE NAVIGATION SETTINGS?

Details:

When I use the "Camera" menu and select "Custom Navigation, 3D-Coat" or one of the other navigation presets, how do I see which navigation preset is currently active?

Case scenario:

Let's say I've been coding with C# in Visual Studio for a couple of weeks, and then I get back to 3D design with 3D-Coat. By then I have completely forgotten which navigation preset I was using. So I would like to know, preferably just by looking at the "Custom Navigation" submenu, which preset is currently active. I'm sure there are other usage cases when it would be useful to see what the active preset actually is.

2. WHERE ARE CUSTOMIZED NAVIGATION SETTINGS SAVED?

Details:

Let's say I have selected the "3D-Coat" custom navigation preset as a starting point, and have then used the "Customize Navigation" option. Now, when I make customizations to the navigation settings, where will my changes be saved? Will they overwrite the original preset or are they saved somewhere else?

Are they perhaps only kept until I select a new preset? In other words, will modifications to navigation settings be lost when selecting a new/different navigation preset?

Case scenario:

I might want to take a backup of my customized settings before updating 3D-Coat. Or, I might want to share my 3D-Coat presets with someone else.

3. HOW DO I RESTORE DEFAULT NAVIGATION SETTINGS?

Details:

If the answer to item #2 is, that all customizations made to navigation settings overwrite the original defaults, then how does one revert back to factory defaults after doing some customizations?

Case scenario:

One of these days I might mess up my navigation settings so badly that I want to revert to the "factory defaults". How do I do that?

Cheers,

AgentSam

PS. I'm currently using 3D-COAT 4.5.36 Beta on Windows, but as far as these question go, version shouldn't matter much...