3DCoat Forums

demon face

chris_solo

• Advanced Member

That looks great, I like the level of detail. I think maybe the lips and jaw line are a little off though. I may be wrong though, I havnt seen your reference.

Thank you Spazmortis, I have no reference, I did with my imagination, so perhaps the jaw and lips are a little off...

• Advanced Member

yeah Perhaps you are right ;) but with experience and work of the eye, there is no need references with time ... I think

I don't think Rafael Grassetti work all the time with references...my to cent

thank you for the compliment and your input, really appreciate :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member

chris, I agree with spazmortis totally. You cant imagine stuff you dont allready know.

Go get some facial reference. your piece could have been much stronger if you had studied human facial structure. learn how fat bulges, skin sags and stretches over bone. How hornes look on animals, what the interface between skin and horn looks like. Learn your subject then use your imagination to warp it into new things.

Also Rafael's work is excellent becuase he has studied anatomy, perhaps he can work without reference now. but thats because he has taken the time to learn his subject matter intimately.

• Like 1

• Advanced Member

Spacemaster, agree with you on symmetry, but I already made my Retopo and started my textures... :unsure:

thanks Michalis, you right, teeth were not made in the same volume, I was too lazy to do ^_^

eyes are on layers.

Hi Roger_K!

I didn't say not to have references to work but sometimes let imagination take over remains...

it's evident that the spirit is nourished by that we see around us and more work is his vision, volume, space, the more you gain experience that is reinjected into creativity.

You know nothing about me, I can just tell you that I graduated from art school for tens of years now. I studied academic drawing, with nude art ...and I have more than tens of years of experience in graphic design, I hate unpacking the past but this is for you to understand also that I'm not new to what I do.

so I understand what you say and explained but the model that I made in three hours or more, is a quick sculpt and my wish was to work study in a final render in a 3D app. I just wanted to let my mind and my pen without reference to side,...for proof I'm working with references to my project T2126!

• Advanced Member

I was simply working on what you said chris.

yeah Perhaps you are right but with experience and work of the eye, there is no need references with time ... I think

From that statement it seems to me you were saying if you kept at it you would become great without reference. I think perhaps this is a language thing though.

Good luck with your terminator. its looks nice so far ;)