3DCoat Forums

• Advanced Member

Hi Guys,

So I have just been shown by a good friend the PBR stuff in 3D - Coat and good lord is it amazing. Very cool stuff! :D

I am wondering how long will it take for us Steam users to get these sweet features? ;)

• Like 1

• Contributor

Steam accepts only stable reliases , not betas.

On the other hand, you can run 3d coat, without steam , i assume you know this , so this way you can get the beta with out any issues.

Hi guys,

i have a question regarding buying 3D-Coat on Steam.

1. If I buy the Steam 3D-Coat non Pro version (73€ ~ $83) and I want to upgrade to Pro (via Pilgway direct?) on which price do I get the 28% discount? Pilgway store (418€ incl. VAT which is 300€ after discount) or the steam price (290€ incl. VAT)?

2. Is it possible, If I buy on steam, to use a non steam version with the license? Prefere to don't have Steam on my work station.

Thanks a lot!

• 4 months later...
  • Advanced Member

So 3D - Coat on Steam has been upgraded to 4.5 but I keep getting a dialog box sending me here to download the update. I can see a new 'Smart Materials' panel but none of the PBR stuff. Is this an update or is this a problem or mistake? 

When will we be getting the update for the new PBR texturing, it has been awhile since I have seen any update to 3D - Coat on Steam. The last update was back in May 2013! :(

• Reputable Contributor

So 3D - Coat on Steam has been upgraded to 4.5 but I keep getting a dialog box sending me here to download the update. I can see a new 'Smart Materials' panel but none of the PBR stuff. Is this an update or is this a problem or mistake? 

When will we be getting the update for the new PBR texturing, it has been awhile since I have seen any update to 3D - Coat on Steam. The last update was back in May 2013! :(

Smart materials is PBR stuff. :)  Andrew just changed the name of the panel right before official release.

• 5 months later...
  • Advanced Member

I do think that the 3DC dev's should upload the beta releases to Steam for us Steam users. Having to download it here and go through the process of activating your Steam version for the standalone is a nightmare plus I may be the only one but I feel running my apps through Steam is more convenient for me.

Please keep releases (beta/stable) available for Steam users, please.

One more thing to note as well is that whenever you load up 3DC on Steam, it just seems like Steam doesn't know you have it loaded, it doesn't say that you are in the app, only when you load it up it recognizes your using it but then it will put you back to an online status. Is this ever going to get fixed? 

Seems like the Steam version of 3DC has just been abandoned and isn't kept up to date anymore. I would really like to see this change and I'm sure I'm not the only one. 

• Advanced Member

My apologize here, I installed 3D - Coat today on Steam and it is actually 4.5 now. Awesome!!!!

Although the appID thing for Steam still doesn't work properly. Steam doesn't seem to recognize I am using 3D - Coat and just keeps me as Online. Would be awesome if this was fixed, please please :D

Edited by ScrotieFlapWack