3DCoat Forums

import without voxelizing problem

I have imported an object without voxelising, edited it, and then saved it. Everything works wonderfully, and I am very happy...

Unfortunately, when I close and then reopen the file, and edit the non-voxelised object, the mesh pulls apart (the fill and smooth tools, in particular, seem cause this). The attached image shows this phenomenon.

Am I doing something wrong?

3DC 3.5.11(GL)-64 Win7(64)

Thanks!

post-1570-12969569122949_thumb.jpg

• Reputable Contributor

I have imported an object without voxelising, edited it, and then saved it. Everything works wonderfully, and I am very happy...

Unfortunately, when I close and then reopen the file, and edit the non-voxelised object, the mesh pulls apart (the fill and smooth tools, in particular, seem cause this). The attached image shows this phenomenon.

Am I doing something wrong?

3DC 3.5.11(GL)-64 Win7(64)

Thanks!

Try it again, perhaps. Yesterday, I had some similar glitches and had to resort to an autosave file to keep from losing the work I did. Never saw the problem again. It's one of those little aggravating things that crop up once in a while, and when you try to reproduce it (for bug report), it starts behaving correctly.

Try it again, perhaps. Yesterday, I had some similar glitches and had to resort to an autosave file to keep from losing the work I did. Never saw the problem again. It's one of those little aggravating things that crop up once in a while, and when you try to reproduce it (for bug report), it starts behaving correctly.

Hi AbnRanger, thanks for your reply. I had actually tried this many times, with many import filetypes, before I posted. This phenomenon appeared with all files except for the STL file. Unfortunately, even the imported STL file exhibits this after saving, closing, and reopening. I have attached another image, and If I could, I would attach the files in question.

post-1570-12969614988108_thumb.jpg

• 2 months later...