3DCoat Forums

PBR Brushes

GregP

Hey folks, 

I am making some brushes for 3D Coat using a layered Tiff, Is it possible to affect Metalness? I can get my brush to show up colour, depth, gloss, alpha etc???

I've tried adding additional alpha channels but no joy, It'd be awesome if you could add in metalness,

Cheers for any help

Greg

post-38450-0-16725500-1446322157_thumb.j

• 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...

Sorry to resurrect this but wandered if anyone had any ideas on if this is now possible?

In Substance Painter on the right you can create preset PBR tools / brushes which can have separate images for each channel color, roughness metallic etc...

The only way I thought to do this in 3D Coat was with layers in imported brushes but as I mentioned earlier you don't seem to have PBR control there.

Would love to see if anyone has any ideas as it makes PBR texturing pretty limited for fine details :-D

Cheers for your time.

Greg

3DCoatComparison.jpg

• Reputable Contributor
4 hours ago, GregP said:

Sorry to resurrect this but wandered if anyone had any ideas on if this is now possible?

In Substance Painter on the right you can create preset PBR tools / brushes which can have separate images for each channel color, roughness metallic etc...

The only way I thought to do this in 3D Coat was with layers in imported brushes but as I mentioned earlier you don't seem to have PBR control there.

Would love to see if anyone has any ideas as it makes PBR texturing pretty limited for fine details :-D

Cheers for your time.

Greg

3DCoatComparison.jpg

Use a brush alpha w/ your preferred smart material active.