3DCoat Forums

Paintstorm Studio

Damn, I envy you guys that you can run this program.

I'd love to try it too, but with the immediate crash at the startup, I simply can't. :(

Journeymen, you should put a Titan X in your Commodore 64 and then you'll be golden. You'll be able to run anything you want :)

In all seriousness, what type of graphics card do you have? I remember my friend had a crash on startup until he installed this version: PaintstormStudio_v1.26 - 22.03.2015.

• Like 2

version 1.27 is avalible

changelog:

VERSION 1.27 (03.04.2015)
1) Fast brush resize tool (drag and resize) (Default hotkey "Ctrl+Alt")
2) “Show brush cursor” Option added (Menu->Options) (You can hide arrow-cursor if you want)
3) New buttons at Navigator panel: "reset angle"(default hotkey "Shift+Home") and "reset canvas scale to 100%"(Default hotkey "End")
4) Pixelate on zoomin (Added slider at Menu->options. If you don't want pixelate effect on zoomin, set it to zero)
5) Binding to 1.00 (100% canvas scale) at Navigator scale slider.
6) Crash on mixer draw - fixed
7) Added the "center point" sign when you rotate the canvas
8) More precise brush cursor
9) Added the ability to assign mouse rightClick as hotkey
10) Incorrect blending of flat non-bristle brushes - fixed
11) Issue of Wacom offset for non standrat of two monitors layout - fixed

• Like 1

Thank you! I'll try the update. I painted with it for a while earlier today. I painted so long that I got the "session time expired". Looks like I just need to buy it. :)

• Contributor

Journeymen, you should put a Titan X in your Commodore 64 and then you'll be golden. You'll be able to run anything you want :)

Nah, I don't want to downgrade from my VIC-II chip. ;) Besides, the card wouldn't fit in the case anyway.

In all seriousness, what type of graphics card do you have? I remember my friend had a crash on startup until he installed this version: PaintstormStudio_v1.26 - 22.03.2015.

In all seriousness, I have a GTX660Ti.

Please contact us to e-mail support@paintstormstudio.com , we will try to help you

Thanks.

I'll write you guys after the Easter. Can't find much time before the holiday.

PS. I just tried the newest version (1.27), but it crashes too.

• Advanced Member

I emailed Sergey with my suggestions and he contacted me back within a couple hours. The alt+ctrl brush resizing is a huge bonus to me, so I'm really glad that was put in so quickly after I found the software.

I'm so excited for what this software will become. I can't wait to push out some finished work with it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

VERSION 1.41_1 

VERSION 1.41_1 (04.10.2015) - MAC only

- Hot fix: Fixed an issue of "El Capitan OS X"

VERSION 1.41 (22.09.2015)
- The registration system updated. Now you can transfer your license from one machine to another. Read more
- Some new features added to the «Color» panel: «triangle» mode, RGB and HSB sliders, the brand new feature called «Color Limits» that allows you to limit the choice of color by brightness and saturation.
- The «Picker mode» button added to the «Mixer» panel
- Now you can control the sliders with a keyboard and bind them to 1,2 ..9 buttons. Rightclick any slider to set the binding. 
- «Free transform mode» updates: «Rotate 90 degrees», «Flip Vertical / Horizontal», «Apply» and «Cancel» buttons added on top of the panel. Some small bugs fixed.
- The “Grid spacing” slider added to the perspective guides mode. You can activate and adjust the perspective grid size
- The «Tablet Settings» window added to Menu->Files (Win only. Forcetable.txt - now depricated)
- Now you can open files via "Drag and drop" and the OS menu "Open with"
- The «Recent files» window added to Menu-> Files 
- When in the «Fast preview» mode (space + shift) you can click anywhere on the canvas, release space + shift and automatically be transferred to this place.
- To open the drop-down list rightclick the «Layers» panel
- The «Thumbnails size» slider added to «Layers» settings panel. Now you can adjust the size of layers icons.
- When the «Blend transp.» mode is on , the «Transparency» works as an eraser. For example, you can set the «Color Amount» to zero and set the «Revert-graph» to «Transparency» on the pen pressure and get a unique blend-eraser.
- Added two shortcuts: «Quick color picker» (works instantly without mouse or pen click), «Current layer visibility toggle»
Fixed the following bugs:
- Eraser burn effect bug
- Inactive buttons on the custom panels bug
- «Panels fill» cursor bug
- Other small bugs

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
I bought super software PaintStorm from super producer and I fullfiled e-mail as password. I downloaded two versions for my 64bits system and for 32bits system on the same PC unit. 

I succesfully instaled programm on 32bit system and I changed some color in design of this program.

Afterwards I tried to install PaintStorm on 64bit system (form y test reason only), without success. I returned again on my Windows 7/32bits OS system and I wanted to use this software  PaintStorm on this OS, without success, of course.

I am not able, from this time, to install again and to use PaintStorm. I cleared all registers and other pending files but NO FUNCTION.

I am very, very disappointed as for this software, the producer keeps some extra policy at clients.

I cannot recommend this painting software from PAINTSTORM STUDIO. The program is cheap one but next problems for using and installing are heigher and heigher.

I have bought a software and in final effect I don´t use this SW for painting.

I expect reply from designer in return of e-mail.

Alexei

Hi

You can restart your licenses once by week

Drop a mail to developer, he can reset your account and the last date of deactivation.

Then just enter your email at the both PC's (it can be asked by Paintstorm in a few days)

I did this procedure few days ago without problem

info@paintstormstudio.com

Just tried out Paint Storm yesterday for the first time. A few questions for those with some experience using it:

-Is there a sharpen brush hidden somewhere?

-How do you change the canvas background color (for transparent pixels)? I don't want to have to fill it every time I send an image from 3D-Coats projection paint feature.

-Is there a way to move between layer blend modes quickly like in Photoshop (up/down arrow)?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member

PolyHerz what do you mean by sharpen brush?  you mean a real-time brush that operates like Photoshop's Sharpen filter?

RE: background colour, I couldn't agree more and it's been requested on their forums a number of times.  It works perfectly in programs like Procreate.

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

VERSION 1.72 (05.12.2016)

- "Smart Color Correction" filter added. This is a great set of tools for image editing,
which includes: RGB / HSL / HSB curves, Selective Color, gradient map and a lot of other cool features
- A new "Seamless mode" feature added which can be used for creating seamless textures and patterns.
Seamless mode is supported by all the brushes as well as the free transform tool (ctrl + t)
Enable this mode through Menu-> Edit-> Seamless mode
- Using gradient became a little more comfortable
- Two new Clone modes added. To select a new mode, switch on the brush option "Clone",
and then go to the "Clone modes:" on the top panel
- "Close the current document" hotkey added ("ctrl + w" by default)
- Some small bugs fixed

• 11 months later...

VERSION 2.10 (12.11.2017)

- New «Refine Edge» featured added for selection. Now you can expand, feather and smooth out the selected area.
- «Lasso» tool improved. While selecting, hold down Alt to switch to Polygonal Lasso mode and back, hold down Backspace to change the last point or Enter to apply.
«Stabilizer» slider added for the lasso for more accurate selection. The edge of the selection became smoother.
«Auto action» option added for the lasso. It can be used to perform actions after the selection automatically: Fill, Gradient, Delete.
- «Color wheel» can now be dragged to the Custom panels.
If you hold «C» (by default), the "Custom 1" panel will move to the mouse pointer and become a transparent background and when release, it will return back.
- «Brushes history» added. Enable it in the «Brushes» panel settings
- «Rulers» improved.
Ruler states can now be saved / loaded.
You can choose the color of the lines: gray, RGB or the custom color.
Holding ALT + R (by default) you can highlight all ruler states and quickly select the one you want.
For the 2-points and 3-points perspective a point is added that can be used to rotate the horizon.
An ability to «disable the following rulers» added
- The parameters of the H, S, B - brush have been slightly changed. Now the sliders can be moved in both directions for a more accurate distribution of random values
- «Place image» feature added to Menu-> File to import the image to the current document. If you select several files, they will be imported as separate layers
- You can now change the cursor type between Arrow, Point and Cross in Menu-> File-> Options-> Cursors. There you can choose the «Brush Drag resize" tool mode as well
- Finally! «Tooltips» added! You can also set the hotkeys with them
- You can set the selected preset as a default in the «New File» panel. After the relaunch a new canvas will be created of the new defalut size
Little things:
- A new «Lines width» slider added for guides, rulers, helpers, etc. to Menu-> File-> Options-> Main
- «Free transform» is extending in both directions with holded ALT and rotating by 5 degrees with holded Shift
- «Gradient» tool aligns the direction by 5 degrees with holded Shift
- Hold Shift when moving the layer to move it strictly in vertical / horizontal direction
- If you click the «Brush tool» while using «Free transform» tool, it is applied and you can start drawing immediately

Today we want to surprise you with a Black Fridayflash sale starting... NOW! Until this Fridayevening get Paintstorm Studio with

-50% OFF!  
(10$ for 1 license) 
(15$ for 2 licenses)
(6.99$ for 
iPad version)  

The Paintstorm Studio Team
BUY NOW

• 8 months later...

https://80.lv/articles/paintstorm-artistic-alternative-to-photoshop/

Alexander Komarov from Paintstorm studio presented a Photoshop-alternative tool Paintstorm. It includes useful features from several digital painting software solutions, has a few unique features, and can be used to create seamless textures.

• 3 months later...
cdecd468-b5f7-40cf-98c4-826699d48495.jpg

Dear Friends,

Today we want to surprise you with a Black Friday flash sale starting... NOW! Until this Friday evening get Paintstorm Studio with

-50% OFF!  
(10$ for 1 license) 
(15$ for 2 licenses)
(6.99$ for iPad version)  

The Paintstorm Studio Team
BUY NOW
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...

VERSION 2.45 (13.05.2020)

- "Custom forms" can now be colored. You can choose both the mode of mixing the color of the form with the main color of the brush and 3 modes of displaying the color
1. Basic(Normal)
2. The brightness of the form color is equal to the transition between the main color and the secondary
3. The brightness of the form color is equal to the gradient map
You can also set the overlay transparency (you will find a new slider) as well as the HSB sliders also affect the shape color

- The "Free transform" tool has received the "Warp" and "Anchor Point" options. Also the “Free transform” vertices can now be moved symmetrically by holding alt + ctrl
- The "Starting direction" controller added to the "Angle"
- You can now set the fractional font size
- When the "Fast Color Wheel" is called (for example, to the gradient point), you can use a dropper to take the color from the canvas
- When merging layers, the final layer now has an opacity of 100

- Psd now saves and loads the Current layer
- Some minor bugs fixed