3DCoat Forums

Pose Tool feature request

fuzzzzzz

Yesterday I had a dream...

Smod3DC_exp0.jpg

Posing with soft transition is impossible on high res mesh. You need to draw impossibly long lines to get a somewhat broad enough gradient for smooth transition :/

A simple multiplier (default 1) would do the trick, instead of pressing x100 a button (which after a while doesn't seem to do much anyway)

That would be cool. Maybe a curve to control it though instead of a slower though? It would give a lot more control over the falloff.

• Advanced Member

That would be cool. Maybe a curve to control it though instead of a slower though? It would give a lot more control over the falloff.

How so? Are you referring to a similar curve to what the pose tool already has for adjusting falloff, and if so, what would this curve do independently?

How so? Are you referring to a similar curve to what the pose tool already has for adjusting falloff, and if so, what would this curve do independently?

Sorry, I made a typo. Slider, not slower.

Yeah, a curve, similar to what the pose tool has for the falloff of the curve as it's being created. As Beat proposed a numerical value for controlling, which is awesome, I'm also thinking a way to control the amount of this smoothing over the length of either the current painted selection mask, or a new line gradient (and other modes) for the smoothing area.

Kind of like how Modo works with falloffs and selections, together. You can get more advanced effects with relative ease when using falloffs and selections together. Especially when it comes to this type of thing.

The only reason i bought 3dcoat was for sculpting, i am now into the mood and i ask me some questions about what is the objective of 3d coat, is Zbrush the main concurrent, or substance painter ?

Pose tool is the tool that generate on myself the mostof the questions

1. Surface mode subdivision system is out of control

2. Pose tool is not what i need to pose my characters, it symply break your model so you can't to correct and fix anatomical error made at first stage when building your base with curve tools.

3. there is no sculpt layer and layer group, it would be a huge improvement and a good direction to get a non destructive workflow.

There is a lot of potential in 3dcoat but it would be necessary to push  more work on the app.

Rename retopo room to modeling room, make a vast presets library of low polygonal meshes, so we could start to build our own library of meshes, then reuse them lately for different project, Artman batchkit is good , but all pieces are hir res meshes.

It wouild be easier to send such of meshes for preparation before to make it be a voxel or surface mesh into the sculpt room, just adding crease edgeloop and chamfer/bevel , edge loop inserts, and than send the mesh into the sculpt room, and subdivide the mesh only at that moment.

Append mesh to sculpt group, would be the command to send the mesh into the sculpt room. and then sync the transforms operation from the modeling/retop room, and that would simply update the layer group into the scultp room.

With this Modeling room you could do retopolygy work too but also some low polygonal modeling, so it could be better that what the new Zmodeler tool offer in Z4R7. we would be able to store the meshs in modeling room into the custom library, for future reuse.

The scene outliner that list and sort each component of the project , would be the place to pilot everything.

you can see each components of the project, it would be sorted by type of component

Meshes / retopo groups, (from modeling room)

scultp vox /surf ( the hierarchy from sculpt room with the shaders assigned to them, but also the curve tool could be stored and call them back for editing)

Meshes (for painting ) with models and materials assigned to them, and the layer that corresponds to this models and sorted with the similarhierarchy from the scultp room.

From the modeling room we could seperate part of our meshes and then create a cage, by simply moving the vextices along the vertex normal, it would help too to create a cage for baking purpose.

then cage shoudl be listed too into the outliner.

The outliner could also list the cameras and lights for the Render room and we could add more camera than a single one, and store the position and configuration with the post process effect settings.

sorry if i am not very clear in my purposes i am just very deceived because i have no choice and must to switch on Zbrush for sculpting project, Substance painter is already what i use for PBR texturing.

Now i should only have to use 3dcoat for retopology purpose, as hobbist it becomes harder to assume the price of 3dcoat almost 400€ for software i will use only for retopology :/

Lat poitn I think that Andrew should ship 3dcoat with an sdk for third party developers. that might help to make 3dcoat progress faster.

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...

Ok, I may pay serious attention on Pose tool to be used easily for anatimical posing, but seems can't start big changes there.... I am trying to do only small tweaks.

But if you have idea how to make small and easy change that will do life 3x easier - I will gladly do that right now.

sad that it never happenned :(

• 2 weeks later...
  • Reputable Contributor

sad that it never happenned :(

Yeah, he is being pulled in multiple different directions. That is why it's mostly small additions, rather than large ones. I wish Andrew could have one developer dedicated to the Sculpt Room and one to the Retopo Room, while he works mostly on the Paint workspace + bugfixes.