3DCoat Forums

'Module' for creating weird, random surfaces (noise generator)?

I'm just only a few days into 3D Coat so I'm not sure if there are such features..... but, looking at nature,

I think to myself, dang, that would really cool to be able to produce that kind of intracate delicacies,

without, obviously much effort.... and also, the result should be clean, crisp/smooth, right?

I know you may get good results with just the Brush application, and maybe other things that I am not familiar with at this point,

But having such a 'noise' generator, where you would be able to define a certain shape and have it multiply/'fractallize' in all sorts of ways, well yeah, that'd be something extraordinary.....

Some examples of what I have in mind... {hopefully the images will be resized}

4463489283_f8bd388314_o.jpg

Finding%20fungi.jpg

db8129e7c265cc0021faec3ac0de8530.jpg

morel_2sh25_052211_640x480.jpg

Human bone under Scanning Electron Microscope

190c891733f11e8c378415866ae26495.jpg

F0027297-Bird_bone_tissue_SEM-SPL.jpg

247350025e9e741a98b7a84b5fd1e5a3.jpg

this one is great: 

3c798d0.jpg

The attached one also probably describes best what I am after, which is a beautiful image in itself, if I may add.

Well, you may call me lazy, saying, I really could just draw this by hand, which I may.

Though it might be tedious to get the edges really smooth and just natural looking, know what I mean? That is my biggest concern or hope for this request!

I mean, there must be tons of software that are able to produce random noise that really produce forms and shape that transition into each other in a smooth, even rhythmic way, right?

So it shouldn't be that hard to implenet such, from maybe, a coding point of view.....

Well, thats about it I guess.....

I bet some of you would also appreciate this kind of thing also....

Cheers,

Peter

post-40313-0-41608800-1459696091_thumb.j

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...