3DCoat Forums

[Solved] How do I turn off the glossiness in the textures?

Aasmund

• Reputable Contributor

LOL, I am around a lot today...  :) plus others too, we are all posting close together...

What workflow are you using>> Textures Menu / Texture Import Export Workflow...

The below is for the Metal / Roughness workflow and for 3DC only...

Disable the gloss / roughness channel shown in picture... You can do the same by not disabling the gloss / roughness channel and in the far right of my picture is the Roughness value input... Increase that to 100 (pure white) which means the micro faceted surface has no reflective qualities at all... Metal is already set to "0" meaning the material is not metal...

Asphalt would not be completely void of some sheen as it's base is oil. 

If you were making an Asphalt PBR material your roughness value would not be completely 100 percent but since it is not metal, metal input would be 0 (Black) percent in 3DC. Of course I would do this all under making a new smart material and not adjust anything in the top as you adjust that when you make your smart material in the smart material editor.

I know this, I still transpose what is white and what is black depending upon the workflow... :blink:

Added a picture for you do see...

post-518-0-52011700-1447367242_thumb.jpg

Edited by digman
  • Like 1

Thanks for your really quick response :) It helped, but I have to do it on a new layer. It seems that I cant tweak the glossiness on a already painted layer. But thats no big deal, as I havent worked so much on this road yet. Quick question: Will these settings be applied during exporting?

Edited by Aasmund