3DCoat Forums

"Rotate around"...Camera settings

Voxelapocalypse

I just want the center of Rotation to be at the center mass of the mannequin, for example.

Like when you have a Primitive, the center of Rotation is at the Primitives center.

...it is so awesome rotating at that center point, but it does not do this with non-Primitive objects.

I tried using "Rotate around custom point" but can't get it to do anything.

It says "Define custom point with hotkey [???]...other hotkeys are defined with 'END'.

is this function a WIP?

The best I can get is using "Rotate around current pick point".

But I find this to get awkward if the object is rotated and you have your pen in the way,

it then shifts off where it was and Rotates on wherever the pen is newly positioned.

It's nice for some up close stuff, but I prefer working with the camera at the objects center mass.

Or I pick the center of the mannequin, for example, and it Rotates around that,

which is what I want as a permanent center of Rotation.

But as soon as you change that point to another and sculpt, it's off center.   :(

*Is it possible to have the camera Rotate around the mannequin or non-Primitive objects center mass,

as if it was a Primitive?

*How does the "Rotate around custom point" feature work?...is it a WIP and not yet available?

Thanks for your help.   :)

• Contributor

About this custom point, if I rember correctly, you have to define a hotkey by pressing the END-key and the key you choose will set camera's custom rotation pivot each time its pressed when cursor is over the mesh. This "???" means that no key is defined for it yet, I believe.

Edited by ajz3d