3DCoat Forums

Maxon Cinema4D Applink

sshadows

• Advanced Member

i tried it with everythin, just not getting anything, made my own, coverted to primitives, connected, still nothing.

yeah ofcourse obj's work great. but this would make it a bit nicer.

also a GoZ type button would be great, so you can throw stuff a bit easier.

• Advanced Member

its really any object that i try. I just get nothing in 3d coat. Like it changes rooms, depending on what export i choose, but it doesn't actually bring anything in.

http://yadi.sk/d/jMohGzZwKqfSP

here is the file i just tried.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member

i still got no functionality.

I also wouldn't be against assisting in testing and developing idea's for a tighter integration between c4d and 3d Coat.

For example it would be nice. If it was possible to export the high poly sculpted mesh out of c4d along with the lower level low poly into 3d coat. bake it down, paint the meshes and then bring em back to c4d. with as few button presses as possible.

Damn i need to learn to code... Is python integration on the agenda for 3dcoat?

• 2 months later...
  • 11 months later...

I am thinking about buy 3D-Coat for unsing it with C4D - R15.

But I have the same problems with AppLink :-(

The preferences .ini can't write.

Only if I run with Administrator rights there is no error window.

The ini file was create with save settings.

When 3D-Coat (DEMO V 4.1.17D CUDA) start comes the starting window and the demo windows for register.

I close both windows and 3D-Coat is empty :-(

I need 3D-Coat for my workflow and without the AppLink it is much less nice for me.

Is here anywhere who has soloution for the problem?

I have found my problem :-)

At the first time I have change the Exchange-Folder!

I test a demo, and I want to delete the folder if i don't use 3D-Coat again...

I set it back to original folder: User\Documents\3D-CoatV4\Exchange

And it is starting with transfer object :-)

Now I'm 3D-Coat owner  :wub:

Same solved problem after update from 4.1 to 4.5!

After I change from 3D-Coat 4.1x to 4.5 there is a new Exchange folder in documents.

In the Plugin I must change to the new Exchange folder.

Start C4D with Administrator rights to save plugin settings!

Edited by JackMcRip

• 4 weeks later...

I just purchased 3D-Coat today, and I'm testing the Applink with Cinema 4D, but I'm having some issues. I'm able to export from Cinema 4D to 3D-Coat, but the import option from 3D-Coat back to Cinema 4D isn't working. I was wondering if someone could assist. I'm working on a PC with Windows 7 64-bit with a GTX 980, and I'm using the 3D-Coat 4.5.03(CUDA)(DX64) version.

For the Temp Folder option, I have it directed to Documents\3D-Coat45\Temp. For the Exchange Folder option, I have it directed to Documents\3D-CoatV45\Exchange. If it matters, the My Documents folder is on a separate drive from my C drive. Under the Exchange Folder option, it does have an asterick that says "Select folder..\My Docyments\3D-CoatV3\Exchange." I've tried it that way, too, but I still wasn't able to get it working.

Aside from clicking the "Import From 3DCoat" button while in Cinema 4D, is there something else I need to do, such as saving the model in 3D-Coat prior to attempting the "Import From 3DCoat" option?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Thanks JackMcRip......I downloaded the AppLink for C4D R17 and followed your statements.....brings is into 3D Coat now.....can't get it to bring it back into C4D, but I can just export both the obj and texture to another folder....then bring it back into C4D....so, good enough for now! Thanks again....

• 3 weeks later...

Applink works great for me. I had the same error ("unable to write file..."), but followed the instructions on the bottom of page 1 in this thread, and now it is a smooth back-and-forth.

Only slight issue I found was for some reason I can only paint on one side of a flat object. The other side appears "invisible" in both UV room an paint room... odd.

-Davide

Edited by DavideBianchini

44 minutes ago, Carlosan said:

View > backface culling solve the issue ?

That did the trick. The polygons are now visible in 3DC. :)

However, I should note, in C4D, the backfaces are still grey, and render grey w/o material.... (note, this is only C4D. If I import the OBJ into another 3D application, I see materials on both sides)....odd

Edited by DavideBianchini

• 2 months later...
On 18/01/2014 at 2:19 PM, Decade said:

You don't need to do anything as drastic as move your Cinema 4D program folder.

Cinema 4D has 2 possible locations for plugin install : In the program files 'plugins' folder & in the user's 'plugins' folder.

Just open Cinema 4D's preferences from Edit > Preferences.

In the bottom left of the window is a button that says 'Open preferences folder'. I like to create a desktop shortcut to this folder.

Move the App-link folder into the 'Plugins' folder you find here. Then you won't have problems any more.

In general, you should always try to install your plugins here not in the programs folder, unless you're specifically instructed otherwise.

I think it's a bit silly the App-link installer defaults to the plugins folder, knowing that most modern operating systems restrict permissions on this folder.

Anyway, I must say the App-link is very nice otherwise, thanks to the coder for the work they put in, & the R15 support.

This really worked for me with R18. Unfortunately the "Import From 3D-Coat" feature doesn't work!

(EDIT) After several attempts, going to File>Open in Original App and in C4D clicking on "Import From 3D-Coat", does work!

Edited by pBarrelas

• 7 months later...