3DCoat Forums

Video Manual - New Additions

Javis

Thanks Jean-Luc! :)

Phil & Don,

Yeah, I was pretty "wowed" when I saw the tweet from them this morning. It's great that they have put that up. It was definitely not paid for! I'm glad someone over their likes it.

• Contributor

Javis, I'm taking one of the Ptex videos now -- much talk at the start, but now it's getting more visual! I do wish you'd learn to turn OFF the damn default gradient in the UI, and use a totally FLAT shade: (A) gradients take up more bandwidth and (B) the video compression makes the existing gradient flicker and generally look crappy -- it just gives a poorer impression of 3DC than it would have been with a plain, flat viewport background.

Ah ha! Hey Klaus! :) Good to see you around (Been meaning to email you btw!).

It's funny you mention the gradient, I had background set to black for a long time no, but just a few weeks ago I had a problem with 3DC and was clearing out my configs to see if that was the issue (unfortunately it wasn't the issue, but it's been fixed since then), and doing so had wiped out the display settings for the gradient and I had never gotten back to turning it off. p

In the first ptex video there is a ton of talk, but it had to be said! It is boring in the beginning, but does pick up the pace eventually. :D

Javis, I'm taking one of the Ptex videos now -- much talk at the start, but now it's getting more visual! I do wish you'd learn to turn OFF the damn default gradient in the UI, and use a totally FLAT shade: (A) gradients take up more bandwidth and (B) the video compression makes the existing gradient flicker and generally look crappy -- it just gives a poorer impression of 3DC than it would have been with a plain, flat viewport background.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • Reputable Contributor

More updates! Enjoy.

Creating/Importing PSD Images and 3D Object Files as Brushes

http://vimeo.com/14018137

Multi-Resolution Caching

http://vimeo.com/13639427

Cool Beans, Javis. Thanks a bunch. If I could throw one request that I think will benefit a lot of folks, is covering the Texture Baking Tool in some depth. It's really a key feature in 3DC that I think a lot of new users don't realize it's there at their disposal and what it can do.

Cool Beans, Javis. Thanks a bunch. If I could throw one request that I think will benefit a lot of folks, is covering the Texture Baking Tool in some depth. It's really a key feature in 3DC that I think a lot of new users don't realize it's there at their disposal and what it can do.

Hey man. My pleasure. :)

Yeah the texture baking tool is pretty sweet. I'll see what I can do about a short video on it. In the mean time, I did cover the texture baking tool briefly in a ptex video -

Mind you, it is brief. I think you're dead on with a more detailed texture baking video.

• Reputable Contributor

Hey man. My pleasure. :)

Yeah the texture baking tool is pretty sweet. I'll see what I can do about a short video on it. In the mean time, I did cover the texture baking tool briefly in a ptex video -

Mind you, it is brief. I think you're dead on with a more detailed texture baking video.

That's a cool UI color scheme...might be a good idea to add something similar to the default choices. I really like the Modo look that you guys added.

• Reputable Contributor

It is in the default choices, it's called Yellow Theme.

I'm using that...but the one he is using has more gray in it. I realize that the individual can go in and change colors themselves, but I'm just talking about the default choices...so that new users can easily pick one they like. It sure has come a long way since the early days.

I'm using that...but the one he is using has more gray in it. I realize that the individual can go in and change colors themselves, but I'm just talking about the default choices...so that new users can easily pick one they like. It sure has come a long way since the early days.

DOH! I haven't been getting my subscription for this thread - Sorry guys.

You're right, I have a slightly modified version of the modo one I did. Good eye. :) If I don't forget, when I get to my workstation, I'll upload it. And yeah, 3DC UI sure is much better than it used to be... I hoping for a bit more organization in the next major version, as well.

Thanks for the new video tutorials :)

My pleasure, and thank YOU for watching. :drinks:

• 2 weeks later...

Any chance of a tutorial on the new auto retopo tools. I had a quick go and it looks impressive but drawing splines on the object and connecting them up since when you move round you have to break the loop was tricky. What is the workflow as it looks to be very impressive.

Yes. Very soon. :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

yep...been kinda quiet around here. ;)

this new capability adds a whole new level of power...very welcome!

Hey!

Yeah it's been a bit quiet... New build is on the horizon though! It's funny how such a simple function like this can make it seem like night and day between builds. I really like this feature. Andrew had it working quite literally, overnight. :) I've been doing some testing with it and help squashing bugs. It works flawlessly now as far as I can tell.

Anywho, keep an eye out for a new build with it.